10 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
joshpodolske says

Is it safe to say, the more comments a theme has, the more issues there are with it?

113 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
HisHandiwork says

Hi joshpodolske! The amount of comments do not reflect the quality of the theme. It really depends on the theme you’re looking at, one theme may be of horrible quality and therefore have frustrated customers with the need for loads of help, while another theme may have lots of positive comments of approval.

386 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
EugeneO says

A few reasons why I don’t necessarily believe that to be the case:

• In WordPress items a lot of people ask questions that would be considered very basic WordPress knowledge.
  • Without a proper search function on item discussions the same questions are asked again and again.
  • Comments could relate to an older version of the item that has since been fixed.
  • The comments could all be positive.

I would also take into consideration how quickly the author responds to the comments and whether they address the problems that are raised.

10 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in United States
joshpodolske says

Yes, all good points and I totally agree. Every theme I have purchased so far has been awesome.

DO we all expect a customer who purchases a theme to navigate thru 23+ pages of comments to see if the need help?

by
by
by
by
by
by