93 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
R3GeneralDesigns says

Hello there.

It’s frustrating to receive a hard rejection, but as creative I know I had to accept it and It’s not a problem for me. In general, into a business face-2-face relationship the client explains why the design is not accepted, for allow you as creative to solve the design problems and to make happy this customer to close the work successfully.

I would like to ask Envato to give a more detailed explanation for a hard rejection on an uploaded item, because I think “Unfortunately your submission doesn’t meet our current minimum quality requirements…” and “Please consider taking some time to familiarize yourself with our current library…” is nice when you upload your first jobs to GR, but when you have passed reviews many times, this kind of automated messages are not clear for the creative and difficult so much the improvements of the rejected item.

I know reviewers are experiencing some problems last months, but a human fast response always is better than an automated response.

Many thanks.

3714 posts
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Won a competition
+8 more
ToivoMedia says

The best way you can get a real response is to post your item in item discussion. I’ll do my best to give feedback. :)

1739 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
gbs says

Many authors have suggested this before but what you can do now is either contact the support and wait (remember that sometimes they just don’t answer :) ) or get some constructive feedbacks from buddies here on the Forum. All after all just move on – it’s my suggestion :)

R3GeneralDesigns
R3GeneralDesigns Recent Posts Threads Started
93 posts
+2 more
R3GeneralDesigns says

Thanks for your response ToivoMedia and for your help on feedback :)

Is really cool and constructive to have human response on Item Discussion, but I need the opinion of the reviewer that rejects my item.

As everybody knows, art and design are irrational: one thing that could likes to you, could dislikes me, and viceversa.

1739 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
gbs says

Is really cool and constructive to have human response on Item Discussion, but I need the opinion of the reviewer that rejects my item.

In the past time, from the rejection email you could know about the reviewer’s name and in some cases we just contacted reviewer profile on the market and discussed like friends to find out what was the issue in the rejection. But recently to avoid abusing cases, and mostly because of the increasing of items, the reviewer was removed from the email. The only way you can do is to contact support, which would take very long time (or in some cases: no reply). So, that’s why I suggest you to move on :) Good luck, mate :)

3714 posts
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Won a competition
+8 more
ToivoMedia says

In an ideal world, the reviewer would give feedback for every single item rejected. But I guess they don’t want to pay the reviewers for the extra time that would take.

R3GeneralDesigns
93 posts
+2 more
R3GeneralDesigns says

Thanks for all responses and hints, really.

Hope Envato people read this out and will take it friendly and effectively way

502 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+2 more
hueyangdesigns says

Thanks for your response ToivoMedia and for your help on feedback :)

As everybody knows, art and design are irrational: one thing that could likes to you, could dislikes me, and viceversa.

Exactly what I was thinking. Just because a “Reviewer” doesn’t like rap music, does that mean no one else likes rap music as well?

R3GeneralDesigns
93 posts
+2 more
R3GeneralDesigns says

Yep, but I must say that we could be rap fans on forums and have hiphop haters reviewers. So we are scr3w3d :)

I think is very constructive to share opinions with good people on forums, specially if they have good taste and are designer professionals, but the reviewers have the last words.

Reviewers are very busy right now, but I think it’s not an excuse to write one or two lines detailing the reason of a hard rejection. This takes less of a minute when you revieved a work carefully. In my humble opinion.

What do you think?

by
by
by
by
by
by