151 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
Keenpixel says

I’ve noticed that often a file will be bought and a rating is never left. Considering it’s a requirement to receive a certain amount of ratings before they’ll even show up, it would be nice to have some sort of system in place that also required ratings to be left.

Not really sure how it would work or be enforced, but perhaps ratings would need to be left within 2 months of the purchase.

Or maybe a better solution is to put ratings more up front and center so that buyers are reminded of it on a more continual basis?

What are others’ thoughts?

285 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
+7 more
DarkSunz says

One potential way could be to have it such that the buyer can only download the current item until he/she rates his/her previously purchased item. Or maybe prompt the user in his/her dashboard to rate files?

151 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
Keenpixel says

One potential way could be to have it such that the buyer can only download the current item until he/she rates his/her previously purchased item. Or maybe prompt the user in his/her dashboard to rate files?

I think these are both good ideas potentially. At the very least I think there needs to be more attention brought to the rating of files, either in the dashboard or elsewhere. And ideally, the rating of files would be a necessity of using the marketplaces.

59 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
Smack3 says

In my humble opinion, it could be part of the download process so it doesn’t seem imposed. e.g. someone buys a theme and then goes to their account to download, click the download, buyer is shown star ratings in the popup, they rate and it automatically goes to download… or something like that.

I’m just saying that it’s a great idea but it needs to implemented in a way where it doesn’t seem like an imposition.

2309 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
+5 more
theflyingtinman says

In my humble opinion, it could be part of the download process so it doesn’t seem imposed. e.g. someone buys a theme and then goes to their account to download, click the download, buyer is shown star ratings in the popup, they rate and it automatically goes to download… or something like that. I’m just saying that it’s a great idea but it needs to implemented in a way where it doesn’t seem like an imposition.

But that way the buyer would be rating it with no more knowledge of the file than anyone can get from the preview, and would mean no more than comments on the item page. Buyer ratings are only useful when the buyer is rating after buying and using the item.

1739 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
gbs says

But that way the buyer would be rating it with no more knowledge of the file than anyone can get from the preview, and would mean no more than comments on the item page. Buyer ratings are only useful when the buyer is rating after buying and using the item.

Totally agree. But it’s not easy to call the user back for his ratings after he had bought and used the item…

2324 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+6 more
CreativeMilk says

The only way to force a buyer to vote/rate is when they just bought the file(before they download the files) and you cant ask an buyer to vote/rate on something he didn’t used before.

335 posts
  • Had an item featured in a magazine
  • Has referred 500+ members
+4 more
Folksnet says

I say, how about we as authors figure out how to attract buyers to rate our work. In my opinion any mandate or anything like that is terrible idea.

Personally I would rather see staff figuring out how to let buyers know that the item they bough has been updated. And let authors know who is buying their work. If buyer will get notice that item their bough has been updated than they maybe will feel like rating it.

71 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
bogdanspn says

Should be like amazon does it, email sent after a while reminding buyer to rate… you can’t force anyone tho :P

335 posts
  • Had an item featured in a magazine
  • Has referred 500+ members
+4 more
Folksnet says

Should be like amazon does it, email sent after a while reminding buyer to rate… you can’t force anyone tho :P

Even that I thing is annoying. Imagine you bough like 20 items in one month and than your mailbox filled with reminders to rate the work you bough, wouldn’t you get annoyed?

by
by
by
by
by
by