141 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
ThemeShaper
says

The ones who came up with this quote / blog / study.

Hah, yup :D

Whatever works for you. I don’t think night owls will benefit from forcing themselves to be larks, in the same way larks wouldn’t benefit from becoming night owls.

http://www.livescience.com/16334-night-owls-early-birds-sleep-cycles.html
94 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
webTypo
says

I call myself a morning person, but for me morning begins when I see the sun coming up. I totally adjusted myself to that, there are no curtains in my bedroom and that is basically my alarm clock “the lack of the curtains”. So if you want to translate this to a clock then the clock would show 5:00 AM – 7:00 AM depending which month is it.

I do feel happy if i can wake up with the Sun. It really works for me I always have that “can’t wait to start the work feel.” I never drink coffee but always have breakfast. If I start when it’s dark or still work when it’s dark then my focus fades, i start feel that the day hasn’t started yet or it’s over already and I shouldn’t really work.

I end working usually 11 hours after I started.

I am happy that I can work from home since this would be much harder to follow with a regular job where you have to be “on time”

168 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+1 more
Ediartss
says

I think that it’s truth you are more productive in the morning :P, I wake up at 8-8:30am and it works for me :)

5459 posts The Dude Abides
  • Became a Top 20 Author of the Month
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+11 more
CodingJack
says

You know, I believe this is true, and for one main reason. Light!

Probably the case. When I lived in Boston I used to get seasonal depression every winter. But now that I’m in Tucson it doesn’t happen anymore. So more light = more vitamin D = more happy Jack :D

4125 posts After Effects Templates
+10 more
miseld
says

I sleep just few hours. Waking up 06-07AM, sometimes earlier. There is ritual during waking up: Coffee, checking emails, marketplace, reading news and then i’m prepared for job. Working day for me starts 09AM ends 11PM – that covers my regular full time job and freelancing. Sometimes i’m tired but i’m successful :)

280 posts
  • Had an item that was trending
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+7 more
johnnybd
says

I sleep just few hours. Waking up 06-07AM, sometimes earlier. There is ritual during waking up: Coffee, checking emails, marketplace, reading news and then i’m prepared for job. Working day for me starts 09AM ends 11PM – that covers my regular full time job and freelancing. Sometimes i’m tired but i’m successful :)
You’re among a fine team…
324 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
NikolaSusa
says

Nope. ‘Insomnia people’ are always more productive.
Sleep is just another time waster.

856 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+1 more
StudioEtude
says

Hi! I like to work at night, when no one is distracting. I think that everyone has their own, internal “Morning”, and not necessarily a “morning” comes in the morning :)

57 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
Blunny
says

When you live in the part of the world where in the winter you get only couple of hours of light per day, and in the summer the damn sun never sets, it’s hard to follow any pattern. Not that I would want to anyway.

I feel better when I can wake up early and get started with the day immediately, but I have a feeling that part of it is due to society standards. Like someone said, the first few hours are the most productive anyway, regardless of when you wake up.

4125 posts After Effects Templates
+10 more
miseld
says

You’re among a fine team…

Thanks for the link

by
by
by
by
by
by