27 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Germany
bydlo2 says

HiHo as you might see im quite new as a seller on Photodune but we are selling at almost all major stockagencies but what we realized here is, sorry to say that, the most absurd ever.

1: A image of a governmental building, shot from a public place without any gear like multicopters has been rejected because of missing property release. This is absurd and we sell that image even on istock, shutterstock and getty and no one of these are asking for a PR.

Who shell i ask for a PR ??

Angela Merkel????

2: it gets even more absurd!

A image very very similar to this one…

http://www.axellauer.de/wp-content/gallery/hochzeitsfotografie/mg_8397.jpg

was rejected because of missing Model-Release.

Shell we ask the flowers for a signature????? Boys, its flowers, not the bride. You cant even tell if its a female, how can you tell that it is a specific person!!

thats so…i dont even have words for

Right now we have 169 accepted and 20 rejected.

about 600 are still in process .

about 40.000 we have in our stock.

I am interested if photodune stays on our list of delivered stockagencies. we will see Regards axel

2023 posts Review Manager
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

Hi bydlo2,

Marketplace Review Manager here. We’re looking into your concerns and will get in touch with you shortly. For future reference, it’s more helpful if you can submit a support ticket at http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit as it will go directly to our staff so we can look into it.

Thanks!

84 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
mySudi says

HiHo as you might see im quite new as a seller on Photodune but we are selling at almost all major stockagencies but what we realized here is, sorry to say that, the most absurd ever.

1: A image of a governmental building, shot from a public place without any gear like multicopters has been rejected because of missing property release. This is absurd and we sell that image even on istock, shutterstock and getty and no one of these are asking for a PR.

Who shell i ask for a PR ??

Angela Merkel????

2: it gets even more absurd!

A image very very similar to this one…

http://www.axellauer.de/wp-content/gallery/hochzeitsfotografie/mg_8397.jpg

was rejected because of missing Model-Release.

Shell we ask the flowers for a signature????? Boys, its flowers, not the bride. You cant even tell if its a female, how can you tell that it is a specific person!!

thats so…i dont even have words for

Right now we have 169 accepted and 20 rejected.

about 600 are still in process .

about 40.000 we have in our stock.

I am interested if photodune stays on our list of delivered stockagencies. we will see Regards axel

This photo is hot!!! i like it.

27 posts
  • Located in Germany
bydlo2 says

Hi bydlo2,

Marketplace Review Manager here. We’re looking into your concerns and will get in touch with you shortly. For future reference, it’s more helpful if you can submit a support ticket at http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit as it will go directly to our staff so we can look into it.

Thanks!

Hi jremick i am a european democrat, and thats why i like more to discuss topics in open, public, democratic structures than to negotiate them behind close doors / tickets. I hope thats OK for you too.

We received the mail from your Assistant Review Manager. We will come back on that later this day. see you Regards axel

27 posts
  • Located in Germany
bydlo2 says

Hi there at first i want to say that this is your plattform and therefore you have the rights to set up any rule you like – however they are.

Conclusion: We accept that! We upload, you accept or reject – we dont care.

And now please have a closer look at some images you rejected. Remember: You rejected them because of missing Model-release!!! Qoute Photodune:
“providing signed release forms for images containing recognizable humans “
And we remember one topic more: People (even in America) must accept that they might be on photos even without their explicit affirmation if they are…...
  • not the main motive
  • or blurred (means in most cases that they are not the motive)
  • or if they are ( dont know the proper english word) padding / attachment in photos of general charakter like streetscenes

Even if they are the full motive (but that might not be the case here) they maybe can be published without their confirmation if the picture has a state of art and in that case the personal rights of the person shown, has to step back behind the public rights for art. Or do you think photographers like Nachtwey or Curry do have MRs ??? But thats not the topic!

And now lets have a look at some photos which have been rejected:

http://www.axellauer.de/photodune-rejects/

Lets beginn with Number 2 (bridal bouquet / red flowers): Sergey explaind in his mail this:
Though the face of the person is not visible, she may be recognised by other relatively unique objects: - the dress; - the wedding ring; - the bouquet. That’s why the request for model release form is justified in this case.

The Dress??

I dont now how it works in america but in germany brides usualy do not knit their dresses themselves – they buy them in shops where the same dress is available a second , and yes, unbelievable, maybe a third or a fourth time (and so on). Very individual though – isnt it??

The Wedding ring??

Can you tell me the colour of the ring???

Yes?? Wow, youre a Mentalist – Congratulations. I cant – not even in a 100% view!

So – if you even cant tell the colour, how can you tell that this is Misses XY ??

The Flowers:

Ah….Yes, they have been grown by the bride herself and she knows every single blossom by its name and in the evening when nobody listens the bride exchanges her deepest secrets with them. Very intimate relation they have. And now the best…... “I shot the sheriff, but i did not….” Ah no Sorry, wrong tune ;-) Here we go:
  • The Motive is flowers !
  • Its Flowers we shot !
  • We shot flowers !
Once more?? Look at the focus !!!! Thats perfect according to american law.

Next time i will ask my MOTIV (the bouquet) if they would sign your MR. But i think it will fail because flowers have no thumb to hold a pencil. What a bummer!

And with all the other pictures its much more absurd than in this case.

We work together with 27 international agencies – including your direct competitors on the american market – and not a single one asked for a MR in cases like that. Do you really believe that all of them have no idea when a MR is needed???

A little bit more What about these images you sell?? http://photodune.net/item/passengers/404429?WT.ac=category_thumb&WT.seg_1=category_thumb&WT.z_author=jeancliclac http://photodune.net/item/crowd-crossing-over/260280?WT.ac=category_thumb&WT.seg_1=category_thumb&WT.z_author=Lifeonwhite

These people are much much much more recognizable than on every single picture we send you!

You want to tell me that this author sended you over 30 different MRs ????

Another Sentence of Sergey:
“Axel, you’ve mentioned that you have about 40.000 items to be uploaded. I’m looking forward to seeing your works soon! “
Yes, we do. And we have rules as well and they are very simple. We deliver our good work (not only the “C-Class”-Stock-Stuff) only to agencies who fullfill the following:
  • reliable standards concerning MRs & PRs based on the law in the country they are located
  • They accept our releaseform (sometime we make exceptions like we did with photodune)
  • They do their job as good as we do ours. That means at least correct reviewing (have a close look at the case with the governmental building)

Conclusion: Its your “house” and you do what you want. This will be last time we spent time on “topics” like this because we have better things to do and if this did not help another discussion would not help either.

I am new here and i dont know what you do with people who have critique like ours. If you feel that you have to kick us out – go ahead. If not maybe you can take it as a hint to overthink/check your policy and i am perfect sure that its not only me who thinks like that.

Regards axel

PS: and one last remark concerning the rejected image with the building you first rejected because of missing PR although its governmental…

This one is not governmental: http://photodune.net/item/manhattan/1452887?WT.ac=category_thumb&WT.seg_1=category_thumb&WT.z_author=Galyna_Andrushko Does the author have a PR?? Im in doubt.
7592 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

I’m not an expert on model release but I think you are over exaggerating a little bit. This because you said you have ten of thousands of photos so three or four photos rejected are not such a big deal. Also because every marketplace have its own rules.

27 posts
  • Located in Germany
bydlo2 says

@doru if they dont like red images ..Ok

if they dont like blue pictures -...Ok

if they just dont like our pictures…also OK

what i dont like is absurd argumention and a wide gap in logic or arbitrariness. If i am over exaggerating , why did i receive 4 mails since yesterday where photodune members telling me that they understand what i mean – but obviosly they do not want to post it here?????

And ist not three out of tenthousand. Its at the moment 150 out of 750. And one argumentation line is more absurd then the one before.

But now they started to change the reasons. yesterday a picture was rejected becaus of missing MR

Now the same picture is rejected because of cropping issue. The motive is not cropped and its perferctly organized by fibonacci-rule.

This behavior reminds me on my 6 year old nephew. he changes argumention everytime when he realiises that he will loose the discussion.

But you are right. I should be more like my employees. They all think Photodune is a laugh after they saw the images which has been rejected becaus of mising MR. But sorry, i cant laugh about things like that

7592 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

don’t know about the cropping but I like those photos. Said that, if the bride is a real bride (not a model), and she don’t know the photo will be sold for profit on stock marketplaces then I think is bad karma to sell that photo.

The point is not that if some law in US, Australia or Germany lets you sell the photo or not, the point is that envato have some reviewers, the reviewers will check your item (photos in your case) and if they are not ok with internal envato rules, the items will get rejected.

Is nothing personal. The reviewers may give you some argumentation or not (is not mandatory for them to do it) and those argumentation can be absurd in the author opinion but you need to respect the agreement you did with envato, to accept that your items may get rejected.

I know is hard to accept this at some point, I’m an author like you and some time an item is rejected under what appears like absurd circumstances. For example I’ve uploaded a set of icons to the icons category on graphic river. The icons got rejected and the reviewer said I should upload them to the vector category. Now those were vector icons, the icons category lets you upload vectors icons, yet they got rejected because in the opinion of the reviewer the category was not ok.

The people who send you mails should take a rope and hang themselves (just kidding :) ), no but really, if you don’t have the courage to say your opinion then what are you living for? Use a civilized tone and bring logical arguments and people will listen.

You open an interesting debate about where is the line between a recognizable person and one that is not recognizable, but the tone of your post are a bit unprofessional. This unfortunately will block an open discussion and at some point will get the thread locked.

27 posts
  • Located in Germany
bydlo2 says

Use a civilized tone and bring logical arguments and people will listen.

This is the joke of the day!! Did you read my post??

How often do i have to tell that???

It is NOT !!! a person what is the motive!!!

http://www.axellauer.de/wp-content/gallery/photodune/_MG_4674.jpg THIS as well is not a person!!! http://www.axellauer.de/wp-content/gallery/photodune/flower-16.jpg What shell i do? Paint the hand black to get a picture of a bouquet online???

This is soooo ridicoulous.

Close the thread?

Who cares ..if i really want to discuss that i open a post in our blog about that or discuss it in another forum. so what??

Tone?

What kind of “tone” is it to just change the reason of rejection only to get rid uf that “persona non grata” and his critique and ignore the discussion?? Is that the kind of “tone” you wish to hear??

And also this one a second time: I dont care if photodune rejects!!! I care about reliable standards

84 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
mySudi says

Hi Axel,

Been following your works of Photodune, though some have been awfully rejected, your work is outstanding and amazing!!!

Thumbs up, keep doin’ them good things!!! Great works!!!

CodeTensae

by
by
by
by
by
by