339 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
vaynah says

I am glad that the new items page has been upgraded. But now there isnt a popular files section. The on that there is only shows you “all-time” most sold. but how about weekly and 3 months like before.. And where can you see monthly top authors??

232 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+8 more
AlexZlatev says

click on files – popular files :) there it is but its sad that it isnt on the frontpage anymore :)

339 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
vaynah says

Ow Cool, spasibo Alex..

I think they should put it back on the front page, cause usualy new customers are more interested in what sells good

1116 posts inlifethrill
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
InlifeThrill says

+1

301 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+1 more
froztbyte80 says

I am glad that the new items page has been upgraded. But now there isnt a popular files section. The on that there is only shows you “all-time” most sold. but how about weekly and 3 months like before.. And where can you see monthly top authors??

+1

1666 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Won a competition
+8 more
cyzer says

they did so because all the new authors were left behind and only the popular items dominated, so there was realy no motivation for envato newcomers. ofcourse for me its good but for popular item owners its not, but i think for envato its kind of tactical advantage cause now it will grow quicker.

5220 posts
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+11 more
felt_tips Moderator says

I think you might be right there, Cyzer. And I think that would be a good reason for the action.

-f.

2373 posts Small, but tough
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

they did so because all the new authors were left behind and only the popular items dominated, so there was realy no motivation for envato newcomers. ofcourse for me its good but for popular item owners its not, but i think for envato its kind of tactical advantage cause now it will grow quicker.

crossed my mind too :)

104 posts See those pixels dance!
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
happycreative says

...so there was realy no motivation for envato newcomers…

When I was a newcomer this was exactly my motivation: to get one or two items that are good enough to be on weekly best seller list and also 3 month best seller list. Kind of ironic that just when I managed this, the layout of homepage changed. I can see a big dip in my sales because of this. But I guess its like they say, ‘adapt or die!’.

5220 posts
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+11 more
felt_tips Moderator says

With respect, I think until you’ve got a relatively large sales sample, it’s hard to see dips or spikes. By large, I’m talking a steady stream of over 10 sales a day.

I only see noise in my sales. Where I perceive dips or spikes, I think it’s more to do with my state of mind than any actual goings on.

When the front page changed, I would have expected to see a benefit, since I don’t have anything high up in monthly or weekly best sellers at the moment, but do have an item on the first page of the all-time best sellers.

But what I actually saw was a big dip too… for several days…. then a big lift. It’s just randomness. If you want to see a more meaningful trend, look at your monthly sales graph in your account page. The time span naturally evens out some of the noise.

-f.

by
by
by
by
by
by