154 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
wademarshall says

Hello fellow authors! Was wondering which type of music sells more here on Audiojungle? I am just trying to plan my uploads accordingly and seeing what new things I need to create. I keep seeing a lot of posts about the Corporate/Motivational type categories but wanted to hear from you guys.

Thanks!

Wade

1420 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Norway
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
Mihai_Sorohan says
914 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Russian Federation
  • Exclusive Author
permian says
379 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Twisterium says

...and also African singing!

154 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
wademarshall says

Thanks! I have also noticed people love the Ukelele!

491 posts Epic Trailer Music
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+1 more
MartijndeBont says

Off topic: Cool! Just noticed I’m on the monthly top seller list for the first time in my AJ carreer :)

On-topic: Yes, Ukulele, claps and live sounding drums seems to be a golden combination of instruments. I’m more into the dark / epic stuff myself and that sells pretty well too!

154 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
wademarshall says

Yea it seems the more your music sounds like an apple commercial your pretty much guaranteed some sales! Congrats on the top seller!

817 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
Kurlykovs says

As well if it sounds really fake it sells that is what i think! If you play real instrument it does not really matter but if you are a master of FL studio clicking buttons and making the fake thing work LOL xD than you are gonna be the green paw in few days! ( i might be wrong though xD )

464 posts Think pink.
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
pinkzebra says

As well if it sounds really fake it sells that is what i think! If you play real instrument it does not really matter but if you are a master of FL studio clicking buttons and making the fake thing work LOL xD than you are gonna be the green paw in few days! ( i might be wrong though xD )

I think this is a really interesting point.

For sure, if you are producing an organic acoustic or jazz track, realism is important and impeccably recorded live instruments rule. The feel of live players in the room is unbeaten. For some genres, however, the expectation for a live-recorded sound just isn’t there. It may be that your best-sounding piano sample or pizzicato samples won’t be quite right for some genres.

I remember watching cartoons with my young kids and being annoyed at the choices of samples and production for the underscoring. It seemed that the composers weren’t even trying to get their orchestral samples to sound realistic. After a while I realized that maybe that was part of the expectation of that genre. After having heard so many unrealistic orchestral scores in cartoons, producers’ and viewers’ ears had become accustomed to hearing that unrealistic sound and it sounded correct in that context.

Similarly, I think buyers here have become accustomed to hearing music in certain genres have a particular production sound. For some genres here, the completely consistent, pure, well-recorded sound of less-realistic samples may be preferred. If you can record live instruments extremely well, and perform them extremely well, you can surpass that “fake” sound in many ways. But it may not have the “right” sound.

817 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
Kurlykovs says

Well that is my problem i do everything live and it is kinda hard (at least for me :( ) hands/fingers get tired and you cant drag the midi notes back and forth if you screw up lol :) But i hope that soon enough i will have enough skill and knowledge to have more of my stuff accepted here :)

by
by
by
by
by
by