3243 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
organicbee says

exactly what the title says, Whats the most wanted features you guys want in a WordPress framework? obviously a solid options panel/framework thats already on the plan anything else?

2580 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
ThemeProvince says

I want a virtual butler who will be delivered to my door when I activate the theme.

I want the theme to pop out carpet samples for my users to feel and choose which they want to purchase.

I want the theme developed by some sort of cute cartoon character that my daughter likes.

If possible it has a rainbow gradient generator in which to dazzle my users eyes with.

Lastly I want it so you can export it to floppy disk so I can share it with my friends.

3243 posts
+1 more
organicbee says

I want a virtual butler who will be delivered to my door when I activate the theme.

I want the theme to pop out carpet samples for my users to feel and choose which they want to purchase.

I want the theme developed by some sort of cute cartoon character that my daughter likes.

If possible it has a rainbow gradient generator in which to dazzle my users eyes with.

Lastly I want it so you can export it to floppy disk so I can share it with my friends.

1. if its virtual how can it come to your door.

2. its not a theme its a framework.

3. done

4. done, kinda I dont know what this “floppy disk” your talking about is though

seriously though :)

2580 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+10 more
ThemeProvince says

In terms of sliders, everything should be optional like turning lightbox & links on and off each slide.

In terms of widget areas, unlimited sidebars is a must.

In terms of menus, wp3 nav menus.

In terms of portfolios, 1 – 4 column, paged & unpaged

In terms of galleries, ajax upload & drag and drop ordering

In terms of contact form, validation with possible content management.

In terms of footer, big fat widget columns with an additional area underneath for credits.

In terms of options panel, basically optiontree’s functionality.

3243 posts
+1 more
organicbee says

In terms of sliders, everything should be optional like turning lightbox & links on and off each slide.

In terms of widget areas, unlimited sidebars is a must.

In terms of menus, wp3 nav menus.

In terms of portfolios, 1 – 4 column, paged & unpaged

In terms of contact form, validation with possible content management.

In terms of footer, big fat widget columns with an additional area underneath for credits.

In terms of options panel, basically optiontree’s functionality.

1. Planned already

2. Didnt even think about it, but its added to the list

3. That should be Obviously done in all WP3 + themes

4. Planned already

5. not sure Ill be adding a gallery but Ill put a maybe

6. Planned Already

7. Working more on backend but Ill add a 1000px footer and give you the credit :-)

8. It will have some of the same functionality but it will also have pre generated options they will be an advanced section where you can generate. and Import/Export to XML is already a must

548 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
tonvie says

Are you wanting option examples like choosing font size for h1-6, resizable logo/header, per page background etc.?

3243 posts
+1 more
organicbee says

Are you wanting option examples like choosing font size for h1-6, resizable logo/header, per page background etc.?

whatever you feel like saying man, the framework will be release as GLP and free. I do have a strong font area planned, I will def integrate the Google Webfonts API . Cufon and @font-face are still up in the air but most likely will happen. As for per page background not sure Ill do that one as I dont think alot of people will use it but again I maybe wrong

548 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
tonvie says

Kewl.

1) The most used CSS options are always nice to have at the ready. The theme Versatile does a great job with that from choosing size and color for font, link, background colors, heading tag colors, header background, footer background color, hover, active color…pretty much the kitchen sink. I really appreciated that.

2) The ability to select as much as possible while writing your page or post instead of having to have two screens open…one for the admin panel and one for the page you’re writing…hope that makes sense.

3) Left and right hand sidebar ability

4) We all know I like a page you can define as homepage and do what with you want with it instead of having to work with the home page from the admin panel :)

5) It’s becoming more of a problem with themes locking you into small logos, need to be able to easily resize logo

6) Option for Full-Screen or Boxed Layout is nice.

7) Complete use of font replacement. Font replacement not just on titles but buttons and sidebar titles as well

8- Shortcodes button within Tinymce.

That’s what comes to mind quickly :) Thanks for asking!

1012 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
purethemes says

I’m not sure you know it, but it’s basic WordPress functionality :D

But seriously, I really don’t get why people sometimes do they own gallery managment if WordPress has it built in. I know it’s not the best, but at least it give users felxibility to change theme without loosing content because of some custom data.

143 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
cramdesign says

1. Slider: optional caption etc. Easy to add, remove, arrange slides.

2. Unlimited sidebars is a good idea.

3. Multiple portfolios

4. Homepage: easy to manage sections and rearrange such as slider, recent posts, recent portfolio items, regular post area, etc.

More than anything, make it simply organized and structured for us designers who are lightweight on the coding. I recently bought one of the more popular themes here and they had functions spread all over the place… I had to edit five different files to make a change to one feature.

I would be happy to lend a hand or test if you need…

by
by
by
by
by
by