212 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Portugal
shaki says

Cool!

I’d say ability to integrate unique sliders/images in new pages/posts. Don’t know if this is common by now, but I’d appreciated. :)

Hope you launch it soon. I’ll be waiting!

!!

1799 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
BroOf says

Do you want to make it public or do you want to use it as your own options panel?

3244 posts
  • Located in United States
+1 more
organicbee says

Do you want to make it public or do you want to use it as your own options panel?

its going to be both, although my “version” may have somethings different

3244 posts
+1 more
organicbee says

Cool!

I’d say ability to integrate unique sliders/images in new pages/posts. Don’t know if this is common by now, but I’d appreciated. :)

Hope you launch it soon. I’ll be waiting!

!!

you can already do that with a plugin http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/multiple-post-thumbnails/ though I have some different ideas for it

3244 posts
+1 more
organicbee says

1. Slider: optional caption etc. Easy to add, remove, arrange slides.

2. Unlimited sidebars is a good idea.

3. Multiple portfolios

4. Homepage: easy to manage sections and rearrange such as slider, recent posts, recent portfolio items, regular post area, etc.

More than anything, make it simply organized and structured for us designers who are lightweight on the coding. I recently bought one of the more popular themes here and they had functions spread all over the place… I had to edit five different files to make a change to one feature.

I would be happy to lend a hand or test if you need…

multiple portfolios? you mean like different portfolio categories?(webdesign, logo designs etc…) Im not sure I see the use for having multiple portfolios other than putting them in categories which will be done with taxonomies and custom post types like the majority of themes do now.

Ill be asking for testers when it moves a little further, Im finishing some other things up before I get really into it other than some core files its mainly on paper right now just modifying a roadmap with the order I want to do things the first release will focus on core files and the options panel

3244 posts
+1 more
organicbee says

In terms of galleries, ajax upload & drag and drop ordering

I’m not sure you know it, but it’s basic WordPress functionality :D

But seriously, I really don’t get why people sometimes do they own gallery managment if WordPress has it built in. I know it’s not the best, but at least it give users felxibility to change theme without loosing content because of some custom data.

because using the [gallery] shortcode in WordPress produces invalid html, although its pretty easy to change within a functions.php and its kinda useless. You also have to remember alot of people learn from tutorials instead of reading the WordPress Codex or the WordPress core files and many of them are just hacks not proper solutions

143 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
cramdesign says

Ill be asking for testers when it moves a little further, Im finishing some other things up before I get really into it other than some core files its mainly on paper right now just modifying a roadmap with the order I want to do things the first release will focus on core files and the options panel

Awesome. I look forward to it. My guess… for the first version, keep it simple and shoot for the needs of a basic business theme: home page with slider, portfolio, options panel. It will be easy to get overwhelmed with features.

3244 posts
+1 more
organicbee says

Kewl.

1) The most used CSS options are always nice to have at the ready. The theme Versatile does a great job with that from choosing size and color for font, link, background colors, heading tag colors, header background, footer background color, hover, active color…pretty much the kitchen sink. I really appreciated that.

2) The ability to select as much as possible while writing your page or post instead of having to have two screens open…one for the admin panel and one for the page you’re writing…hope that makes sense.

3) Left and right hand sidebar ability

4) We all know I like a page you can define as homepage and do what with you want with it instead of having to work with the home page from the admin panel :)

5) It’s becoming more of a problem with themes locking you into small logos, need to be able to easily resize logo

6) Option for Full-Screen or Boxed Layout is nice.

7) Complete use of font replacement. Font replacement not just on titles but buttons and sidebar titles as well

8- Shortcodes button within Tinymce.

That’s what comes to mind quickly :) Thanks for asking!

1. That was planned for the most part I think

2. Im not exactly sure what your talking about? Almost like a live editing? so you see what your changing?

3. theyll be a layout options and metaboxes on post/pages but I dont see that happening the first release

4. every WordPress theme should use the default “blog” home page with the ability to add a CMS homepage option done within WordPress Settings > Static Home, it is WordPress you wouldnt want to break a “blog” because they wanted your design but it doesnt have the proper default WordPress functionality.

5. I understand your frustration but not every design can have a flexible header without making 90008 images.(which some users would never use)

6. Ill add it to the list

7. Planned already

8. Planned already

548 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
tonvie says

Good thread. Thanks for listening :)

1012 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+7 more
purethemes says

because using the [gallery] shortcode in WordPress produces invalid html, although its pretty easy to change within a functions.php and its kinda useless. You also have to remember alot of people learn from tutorials instead of reading the WordPress Codex or the WordPress core files and many of them are just hacks not proper solutions

I’m not talking about [gallery] shortcode, I’m talking about using post attachments to display galleries. It’s better for user to upload his photos, videos or audio via Media Uploader, and have it attached to post like it was designed to be, and than display it in theme using custom functions. I’m reffering to some themes where you have seperate uploader and no connection between media and post data. That’s bad IMHO :)

Cheers

by
by
by
by
by
by