406 posts Motion Graphics and Scrambled Eggs
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
smudgethis says

After 30 years of being a resident Brit (except for one year in Tunisia and three months in South East Asia) me and the missus have decided to move to Spain.

It’s not as crazy and spontaneous as it may initially seem. My wife is Spanish and we have a lot of friends and family over there so we won’t be starting completely from scratch but I am massively hyped up about it!

I am a bit nervous about the whole adapting to a new lifestyle etc. but I think I’l be alright. Good food, better wine, even better weather.

So yeah, that’s it from me. Anyone else out there had any fun experiences relocating to start new lives? Also anybody out there living in Zaragoza? That’s where we are heading to. Would be great to meet some fellow authors and motion graphic designers para compartir unas cervezas. :)

512 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
pixeful says

Oh dear we thought about the same idea, I want to reach Elite Author Status quit my current high position and fly like a bird :) Soo happy to hear that some people already reaching they dreams

+6 more
smudgethis says

Oh dear we thought about the same idea, I want to reach Elite Author Status quit my current high position and fly like a bird :) Soo happy to hear that some people already reaching they dreams

Thank you, however this has nothing to do with Elite Author and in fact I have been working so hard on building up my studio that I have had no time to work on any Videohive stuff. The sales reflect that and have all but dried up to a small trickle in the most recent months.

The one thing it has provided me with though is an awesome way to reach out and connect with designers from around the world so… hopefully Pixeful when you fulfil that dream and move elsewhere give me a shout. Who knows, we might end up being neighbours! :)

291 posts
  • Located in Europe
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+2 more
mariokulas says

So yeah, that’s it from me. Anyone else out there had any fun experiences relocating to start new lives?

I plan to start new life in Norway (if all goes according to plan, through 2-3 years).. currently I´m working on learning the language which seems quite easy to me :)

+6 more
smudgethis says

^ awesome! Better get saving though, I gather Norway is one of the most expensive places in Europe to buy a beer. (That’s how I base all my ‘how expensive is this place’ analysis). Meant to be an absolutely stunning part of the world though!!!! Good luck to you sir. Keep us posted.

591 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+2 more
tacoMusic says

I moved to Spain after living in London for almost my whole life, though I still go back regularly. I’m in Seville, so if you fancy unos tintos and you’re around there, let me know! My wife is also Spanish, so sounds like you’re in a similar situation to me!

291 posts
  • Located in Europe
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+2 more
mariokulas says

^ awesome! Better get saving though, I gather Norway is one of the most expensive places in Europe to buy a beer. (That’s how I base all my ‘how expensive is this place’ analysis). Meant to be an absolutely stunning part of the world though!!!! Good luck to you sir. Keep us posted.

Hehe.. Takk!! (Thanks!)

..now that you mentioned beer, another wish that I have, besides moving to Norway, is to one day produce my own beer haha (it’s sounds funny but I ‘m pretty serious :bigsmile: ).. so that it will not be a problem =} (btw – for all beer lovers i recommend one really special book named “Sacred and Herbal Healing Beers: The Secrets of Ancient Fermentation”)

323 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1+ members
+4 more
mothinkers says

I gather Norway is one of the most expensive places in Europe to buy a beer. (That’s how I base all my ‘how expensive is this place’ analysis)

ahah! Great technique!! :)
I’m planning to move to United States (Florida), hopefully in a year, i’ve got family there so it shouln’t be like a leap into the unknown fortunately.
When have you planned to relocate? Good luck to you and your family with this adventure Smudgethis!

3749 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Located in Spain
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+9 more
pezflash says

Hi mate. I’m sure you will enjoy the move, Spain is quite a charming country, much more if you move to small cities like Zaragoza. Is a nice place, also close to Barcelona and Madrid (3h. drive from both) and quite well communicated with high-speed trains (bit more of an hour to both places!!).

I’m in Madrid, and i’ll be more than happy to share a beer if you come here, i’ll try to be a good guide. Also you are coming on a great moment of the year, spring is wonderful in Spain, good weather on not crowded places.

Let me know if you need some info about anything related with the country. You can write me directly, have the email on my profile page. ;)

Jesús
<”}}><

1799 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
BroOf says

What a coincidence! I did some research yesterday on what I need to emigrate into Australia. I think after my Master of Science in economy information I will have a chance to do it. But for now it is just a dream.

by
by
by
by
by
by