988 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
thomas07 says

my experience with MT was terrible, but maybe was also my bad luck as i signed up with them in the time they was integrating their Grid Service. Problem issues was tech of Cluster Servers and support based…i assume the reason was the many already existing accounts been moved to Grid, so i leave them for bad support. I cant tell you how their services are at the moment.

If you operate more than one site or have your own potential customers base you can offer also hosting with your web design services, i can recommend the Reseller Packages of Cirthexhosting. Its easy to manage multiple accounts trough the WHM they have + you can have separated cPanels for each account, this means your customers can login and manage their own hosting accounts via the cPanel. You may also prefere their VPS (hostV) as they are equal to MT’s, but just cheaper and maybe with better support.

If i must compare services of Cirtex with MT, Cirtex is definitely better considering:

Cirtex Reseller:

- 250GB disk space - 5000GB bandwidht - Unlimited domains - $25.99 /mo

MT Grid:

- 100GB disk space - 1000GB bandwidht - 100 domains - $20 /mo

Other advantages of Cirtex hosting packages are: unlimited MySQL databases, unlimited FTP accounts, unlimited subdomains ect.

1600 posts Chris Robinson
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
contempoinc says

Been with (mt) for about 4 years now and love em’, they’ve had their ups and downs in the past especially with their (gs) service but you can’t beat their customer service, pricing and the really nice admin panel for the (gs), others use Plesk. I’ll be with (mt) for as long as their in business.

315 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
brandtz says

Used them for 4 years now, a bit expensive I think , but great, great service..

1173 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
Motionreactor says

Yeh slightly more expensive that I’d like, but always been there for me (5yrs). I have a Dreamhost account, not quite as reliable but a lot cheaper, depends what you need it for.

1277 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+7 more
rondog says

I use 1and1 and my only complaint so far is the fact that you cannot access a DB from outside their control panel…and the session expires after 1 hour. It is SO annoying.

4909 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says

I use bluehost and LOVE them. But the thing is, the sites I add to the BlueHost servers are not very traffic intensive. Local business sites that serve for pretty much nothing more than to host information to potential customers. For small sites like this, bluehost is fantastic.

I have heard stories about people trying to build small social networks on sites like bluehost and while they offer unlimited bandwidth, their servers and configurations are not really built to be able to support sites with a lot of traffic. Sites like MediaTemplate are made to handle high traffic sites much better.

So its really about what type of site you want to host. If its gonna be a high volume site with a lot of traffic, and you have the money you should probably look into a host like MT. But from what I’m hearing Amazon’s S3 is now the new “go to host” so thats worth checking out as well.

4340 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says

I LOVE DreamHost!!!

2023 posts Review Manager
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

I hear a lot of good things about MT from very happy customers but I’ve also read more than enough tweets from people complaining that their MT service was down again. If there’s one thing I don’t like, it’s downtime. That’s probably the only reason I haven’t changed hosts over to MT.

Right now I’m with ServInt.net on their $49/m VPS . It’s more expensive but the only downtime I’ve had since the day I signed up was either my own fault or scheduled maint./upgrades. I’ve been with them a few years now, now sure how long exactly.

Oh I’ve also heard MT servers are kinda slow. I’m not sure if that was just an isolated case though. The price is looking better and better every day though, lol.

1277 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+7 more
rondog says

Oh I also use mosso at work, now rackspace. They are a little different. They are a cloud hosting company which is cool. Its pretty expensive, but works really well for managing clients. Also the cloud sends the files to multiple servers so when a user connects to your site it sends you the closest/fastest server in your area.

8279 posts Community Moderator
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Moderator says

Nice one for all the advice and comments guys, will give them a whirl for a month or two and see how it goes :)

by
by
by
by
by
by