5492 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Australia says

Just noted, a great author on here always releases multiple files on cc simultaneously.

No issue huh ?

But fgs 11 + items approved and live one after another dillutes first page opportunities for other authors.

I think that is bloody ridiculous, i love his stuff. Hes a good coder, but review staff .. Like omg ffs lol

Get a grip, this happens everytime with this author, please take heed and only approve x amount if his items on a staggered release basis.

A quick look on new files codecanyon will enlighten you !

Some authors actually take months creating one great file, gets approved…. Goes public and lands on page 2

That is not fair !

http://codecanyon.net/category/all 11 items on first page !
3185 posts
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Won a competition
+15 more
dtbaker Moderator says

they fixed the unfair issue a while ago, the home page useto show all new items from an author, now it only shows 1 item from each author (even if they release multiple).

good on him for releasing so many items I say. they’ll be gone from this page in a few days anyway, probably gone much quicker from here than the home page.

personally I would stagger my uploading myself so that I always have an item on the home page throughout a release cycle – but sometimes you just have to get an item up

607 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Contributed a blog post
+10 more
Siddharth Envato team says

It’s not up to us to dictate how often an author can submit his items. Plus, only one of his items show up on the home page. Add that with the number of items we approve per day and it’ll be gone quite soon any way.

5492 posts
  • Located in Australia
+4 more
Australia says

Perhaps I use CC differently to other people.

I load up in list view, never use the home page of cc or any of the marketplaces.

I always go to: http://codecanyon.net/category/all

Hence why it IS an issue for me. As stated in initial thread, and no disrespect to the author, but no one is stating the author should limit what he publishes, moreover reviewers should stagger the release of multiple items from same author, to give other authors a fair crack of the whip in initial Page One listing results view for the link I posted above

320 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
jwmcpeak says

That is not fair !

Release more stuff? The playing field is even by default; every author has the same opportunity. Why should Envato be forced to stifle someone’s initiative?

240 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
phpdude says

I think the real issue here is how the reviews take place; in batches.

If you’re last on the batch, you’re top of the ‘all category’ list for a lot longer than the item first in the batch who would already be on the 2nd page.

What would be an awesome idea is a buffer like delay, so when an item is accepted it gets added to a queue, where a new item is made live once per 4 hours (or so), that way every single item has the same time at the top spot, 2nd stop, 3rd, etc etc.

I think that would be pretty fair to all authors, irrespective as to how often they upload files.

5492 posts
  • Located in Australia
+4 more
Australia says

That is not fair !
Release more stuff? The playing field is even by default; every author has the same opportunity. Why should Envato be forced to stifle someone’s initiative?

For real ?

This isnt a dig at authors, in fact quite the contrary. Oh well… Some get it, some dont !

333 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
vtimbuc says

I think the real issue here is how the reviews take place; in batches.

If you’re last on the batch, you’re top of the ‘all category’ list for a lot longer than the item first in the batch who would already be on the 2nd page.

What would be an awesome idea is a buffer like delay, so when an item is accepted it gets added to a queue, where a new item is made live once per 4 hours (or so), that way every single item has the same time at the top spot, 2nd stop, 3rd, etc etc.

I think that would be pretty fair to all authors, irrespective as to how often they upload files.

I really like your idea. This would be the best way to show items, and equal to all authors.

93 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
23andwalnut says

I don’t have a strong opinion on this issue, but it seems like both of the mods that responded misunderstood what SportTipsWorld is describing.

The issue is with the list view, not the home page. Click the ‘All Files’ link and you should see what he’s referring to…

If an author uploaded 30 files in the same day, he could push all other authors from the first page, even if other authors uploaded files on the same day. This could definitely be unfair…

607 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Contributed a blog post
+10 more
Siddharth Envato team says

I don’t have a strong opinion on this issue, but it seems like both of the mods that responded misunderstood what SportTipsWorld is describing.

The issue is with the list view, not the home page. Click the ‘All Files’ link and you should see what he’s referring to…

If an author uploaded 30 files in the same day, he could push all other authors from the first page, even if other authors uploaded files on the same day. This could definitely be unfair…

I’m the senior reviewer here—trust me, I get the issue. The problem then becomes how to properly handle this situation. Do you put items on hold just because the author wants to get everything done at once, even if they’re all good? How do you handle the situation when you extrapolate this to items from multiple authors. Say 20 outstanding authors all submit outstanding items on the same day? Should I approve just the first 10 good items and put everything on hold? Should we be messing with the queue that much?

The issue of limiting author submissions may not be a huge deal now but as the marketplace grows, this introduces several new precedents that I, personally, wouldn’t like to see. Of course, I don’t make the decisions around here so I’m just spouting what I’m thinking.

by
by
by
by
by
by