147 posts World Director
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
dedalx says

After latest design changes Themeforest (and I think all other marketplaces) have a lot of JS errors and problems.

For example sorting does not work on many pages (but sometime it work, but most of all time not). After changing sorting for items or comments in author dashboard the same page reloads and I see JS error in Firebug: http://d.pr/i/S1Lk

TypeError: marketplace.init is undefined marketplace.init.app();

Also bugs that I see often: 1) After send comment answer in item comments I does not see comment (looks like comment button do nothing). I hit button again – nothing happens. Then I reload page and see that my comment posted several times. So – Ajax often does not work (data sent, but nothing updated for view).

2) Purchase block (with price, buy button, etc) on Item pages often does not load and loading icon animating forever. Only page reload help.

3) Sorting on item pages often gives JS errors and I can’t sort items, for example by sale or rating

All this bugs is very important, because all authors lost sales from this bugs. Users can’t find our items and can’t buy it. Very strange that all this bugs not permanent, and happened often, but not always.

I’am using MacOS and latest Firefox (without any addons that can give this JS errors). But in another browsers this bugs happened too.

If you install Firebug extension for Firefox or Chrome and open Console window (to see JS error icon when you browse sites) and check themeforest site several hours you will see a lot of JS problems.

Also I see this bugs on my iPad.

35 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in Australia
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
jordan-lewis Envato team says

Hi @dedalx, thanks for your feedback. We have investigated the issue and are working on fix which will deploy soon.

93 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Australia
bensmithett Envato team says

Hey dedalx, we’ve shipped a fix for this, more details here.

147 posts World Director
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
dedalx says

Hey dedalx, we’ve shipped a fix for this, more details here.

Thanks!

by
by
by
by
by
by