506 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+2 more
kristopherfisheraudio says

Hey guys, just a quick one.

This author from VideoHive has used one of my tracks from a pack, which is great! However they have cut the audio so does not say the ‘AudioJungle” watermark, and as a resault sounds pretty bad as the editing on the audio sounds minced!

Should I contact them and say, sort it out? I mean its great an author is using my work, but they have tried to cut the watermark and it really does not do my work any justice they way it has been used. Bit of an odd one!

Here is the VH item:
VH Item

This is the track they are mincing (no promo, just to show the awful cuts!)
The Greater Good

131 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Taiwan
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+1 more
buddhabeats says

Well, it’s not TERRIBLE editing…

I guess he/she was trying to get the BOOM right at the transition points. I suppose having the AJ watermark would kind of spoil the feeling he/she was trying to create. I can personally understand that; IMO it would take away from the atmosphere.

I don’t know what the rules are on this, but I think putting some kind of text at the bottom of the video (Audio by….from AJ…etc..) would work for me. Just my 2 cents….

1556 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+4 more
SoundFix says

I haven’t watched it (at uni), but from what you’ve said I would definitely contact them. That’s not cool for them to do that and it kind of devalues your work.

I had the same thing happen before. The author re-bounced the track to some horrifically bad quality (mp3 with a very low bit rate?) and it sounded like it was being played out of a broken mobile phone speaker, freq response of 2-5k haha. I emailed them asking to fix it and they just ignored me, which was a bit rude.

PatrickAThompson
PatrickAThompson Recent Posts Threads Started
144 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
+2 more
PatrickAThompson says

I’d definitely be curious to see what the official rules are on this. I would think that cutting out the AJ watermark would be a violation of policy (and an ethically questionable decision).

Unless, of course, the VH author purchased your track… Then, I would think they could do what they like with the track within the confines of the license…

But if they’re using it for free, I feel like it needs to remain “as-is”.

My 2.3 cents.. :)

919 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
JBlanks says

I’d definitely be curious to see what the official rules are on this. I would think that cutting out the AJ watermark would be a violation of policy (and an ethically questionable decision).

Unless, of course, the VH author purchased your track… Then, I would think they could do what they like with the track within the confines of the license…

But if they’re using it for free, I feel like it needs to remain “as-is”.

My 2.3 cents.. :)

+1 for me Kris. You should contact them – enquire whether they have purchased it and if not you are within your rights to ask them to do so and notify Envato this has happened.

Great they are using your track – not great they are tampering and re-editing it. It’s an awful music editing job by the way. They would be far better served by having you customize the music for them. Get in touch, be your usual nice self mate and I’m sure you can resolve the situation to the advantage of both parties.

Great track too Kris!! :) Jamie

kristopherfisheraudio
kristopherfisheraudio Recent Posts Threads Started
506 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
+2 more
kristopherfisheraudio says

Yeah here is what I have said to them:

“Hello,

Firstly I would like to say thank you for using my item: The Greater Good.
However, have your purchased this item from Audiojungle? I ask as you have edited the track to try and fit your item, and you can still clearly hear the very start of the ‘AudioJungle’ watermark.

While I understand you want the ‘Booms’ to hit as the video changes, without a license you cannot edit the audio.

On another note, I notice that you have added in the description that the music is from the item ‘Epic Cinematic Pack Alpha’.

While this is correct, perhaps listing it with the direct like to the individual item would be better:
http://audiojungle.net/item/the-greater-good/474442

I also link VH authors in my own AJ profile to work that is using my music, so I would be happy to do this once the issues have been resolved.

Kind regards,
Kristopher”

They have not purchased the track as you can still clearly hear the AJ watermark being cut off. And the most annoying is that the editing of the cuts is just awful.

I’ll sit and wait for a reply and If I do not hear anything I will be on to Envato support as if this is agaisnt rules, which I am sure it is, how on earth did it get passed the review team and onto the marketplace?! Even if it was okay to do, you would think it would get rejected because of the bad audio editing alone….

I’ll update when I know, thanks for all your help.

384 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
Revturkey says

If they want it clean so they can edit it to their needs, they should purchase it rather than trying to edit out the watermark. For me that is not acceptable.

1556 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
SoundFix says

Just watched the vid. That editing is absolutely horrific and ruins the track. Hope you get it all sorted mate.

116 posts
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
+2 more
UniikMedia says

Thats not cool… good luck sorting it all out.

by
by
by
by
by
by