oh yeah, I know that feeling!!!
@rtofvnt: Stevie Ray Vaughan couldn’t read music. Enough said.
A lot of the guitarists I know (including myself) can’t. I think we’re just too lazy . Someday I’ll sit down and figure those little note-y things out, and then I’ll be able to call myself a real musician.
I have many musical heroes, but my first was Paul Simon for the seamless way he was and is able to mesh lyrics with his music – just a really great lyricist. I learned how to finger pick while learning to play The Boxer. I don’t think he’ll be commenting on my work any time soon, but if it ever happened that would be amazing.
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
- Author had a Free File of the Month
- Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
- Author was Featured
- Author has had an Item Featured
- Bought between 100 and 499 items
- Exclusive Author
- Has been a member for 3-4 years
There are a gazillion successful musicians who don’t read music. It’s absolutely not necessary for success in the field. Good music is good music. Long may it continue!