5 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
blezzy says

Hi everybody, how are you all doing?

Finally I got my first Tumblr theme accepted but it’s not getting much success in sales, so I need advice, feedback and suggestion about design, presentation … or anything that could help me in my next work.

here’s a link to the theme : http://themeforest.net/item/minimalistico-responsivetumblr-theme/3552587

Thanks in advance & Enjoy your weekend.

56 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
habutemplates1 says

There are padding issues. Use a gray line or a lighter gray instead of gray background in the posts. You have poor typography. Hope this will help. :)

2207 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
manuelvega says

Difficult times :D , I’ve had few low sales in my items too , best selling themes require a higher level of dedication , lots of features , etc. Anyway if u study some past history about bloggin themes were not as popular, does not exceed 30 sales. Hight sales are in fully websites & wordpress themes :)

Hope that helps.

357 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+1 more
billyf says

Hello,

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but I don’t know how your item managed to get into the marketplace. To me, it looks worse than some of the rejected items here. There’s plenty of spacing issues and a general lack of details. I know it’s meant to be a minimalistic theme, but there’s a fine line between minimalism and work-in-progress. Sadly, I think your item falls under the latter category. When you are working on a minimalist theme, spacing plays an important role because there’s nothing else to make it look great than having proper spacing. If you look at the latest item in that category (Tumblr), it is a minimal theme with good spacing. It is also what a minimal theme should look like.

Also, the header image doesn’t look attractive. Although buyers should use their own header image, but you should also demonstrate the potential of the theme by showing how your theme can look great (i.e. using the best header image). This also affects sales because first impression is very important.

Good luck with your next item!

2207 posts
+4 more
manuelvega says

Hello,

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but I don’t know how your item managed to get into the marketplace. To me, it looks worse than some of the rejected items here. There’s plenty of spacing issues and a general lack of details. I know it’s meant to be a minimalistic theme, but there’s a fine line between minimalism and work-in-progress. Sadly, I think your item falls under the latter category. When you are working on a minimalist theme, spacing plays an important role because there’s nothing else to make it look great than having proper spacing. If you look at the latest item in that category (Tumblr), it is a minimal theme with good spacing. It is also what a minimal theme should look like.

Also, the header image doesn’t look attractive. Although buyers should use their own header image, but you should also demonstrate the potential of the theme by showing how your theme can look great (i.e. using the best header image). This also affects sales because first impression is very important.

Good luck with your next item!

+1
I will have to say that I agree somehow ..

5 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
blezzy says

@habutemplates1 Thank you for taking time to see my theme and give me your feedback I really Appreciate it, You are right I will definitely work on the padding issues, and for the typography & color palette I guess I will have to give it more time In my next theme.

@manuelvega Yeah you are totally right, that was definitely my worst mistake, I didn’t study the other successful Tumblr blog themes and how they present their themes on themeforest, and I guess the reason I started with this category is because It didn’t cost as much time as wordpress thems and so I can learn from my mistakes quickly here before I go to the next level. Thank you @manuelvega for mentioning that and for taking time to look at my work and give me a feedback it was really helpful .

Thank you @billyf for your great feedback I definitely agree with you in everything you said, I will definitely learn more about the spacing, and as you said the header image is definitely not helping with the sales. thanks again for helping me notice that so I don’t make the same mistake again next time.

- That was my first theme and I’m willing to learn to be better and your feedback really help me to know my weak points so I work on them.

Thanks again and have a great weekend.

*Sorry for my English,

2207 posts
+4 more
manuelvega says

Your welcome man, I also chose a easy category to start .. but little by little you can get better and immersing in other categories more ” popular ” and with more sales :)

by
by
by
by
by
by