5 posts
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
Rami7270 says

Hi, my name is rami tawil and recently my account “rami7250” at envato was disable becouse i ask paypal for refund.

The thing went like that: I was buying item from envato using my brother “sagi tawil” paypal account at my “rami7250” envato account.

Then, i discoverd that the wordpress theme i bouat was not functional properly and the theme creator suggest i ask a refund from envato support.

I ask envato support for refund but no one was there. 10 days i wait to an answer from envato support but i didnt get any respond. So i ask my brother to get me the refund from paypal.

20 seconds after that im getting message at my email that says: “Hello rami7250,

Your Envato marketplace account has been automatically disabled. This happens when an associated paypal transaction has been disputed or reversed on that account.

If you are the legitimate account holder of that paypal account, please get in contact with Support (http://activeden.net/support) so that we can clear up the issue.

The Envato Team”

Now i tried to get in touch with the support email and phone (even leave a message at the 61383766284) but no one get back to me.

How can we solve this issue when we dont have comunication between us? And also, even if i ask refund from paypal, envato needs to contact me to solve this, and not to block me out.

I want envato to enable my account and get it back to solve this issue.

If you can move this message forward to the right person i will be happy.

Thanks, Rami tawil

149 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
IulianN says

Then, i discoverd that the wordpress theme i bouat was not functional properly and the theme creator suggest i ask a refund from envato support.

Sorry, but I doubt it, all themes here works properly and no one will tell you to ask a refund because the theme dosen’t work :)

2429 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
digitalimpact says

Sorry, but I doubt it, all themes here works properly and no one will tell you to ask a refund because the theme dosen’t work :)

You’d be sooo surprised that what you think isn’t exactly what is out there :)

Anyway, that’s old news – I’m more interested in the part where Envato disable your account when a Paypal dispute is opened – didn’t know that one.

5 posts
Rami7270 says

Yeah? Envato and paypal have proof for that. So yes, it is happens sometimes.

3118 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
chrisakelley says

Yeah? Envato and paypal have proof for that. So yes, it is happens sometimes.

Receiving a refund from Envato is different than forcing one from the processor(paypal), my guess is your account was disable do to fraud and security reasons(hence why it was an automatic disable) give support time they will get back to you.

1841 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Won a Competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
+1 more
FRESHFACE says

Anyone could buy a digital product and then get their money back via PayPal -> that’s a fraudulent activity. That’s why your account got disabled and should be enabled once Envato investigates your story.

If the author suggested you ask for a refund and you really received it in the end, then in most cases that author’s file will get soft-disabled until fixed.

5 posts
Rami7270 says

before i contact paypal i contact envaco by ticket and explain them all, and i was wait 10(!) days and more for respond but didnt get from them anything (even now). and when i contact paypal finally, my account was automtically disabled. nothing was iligal or fraud. everything was legit and in good faith.

what would you do if a buyer from ebay dont response to your questions even after 10 days? you will contact paypal for refund. and it is legit and understand. i know it is not the same but it is similar.

About forcing- i didnt and i dont want to force anyone. in fact, i wanted envato to put back the money into the deposit section for me to buy another wordpress theme that will work for me.

Maybe it was my frustration when i contact paypal, i dont know. but nothing was not in purpose. Perhaps the behavior of ENVATO frightened me. thats all.

1841 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
+1 more
FRESHFACE says

before i contact paypal i contact envaco by ticket and explain them all, and i was wait 10(!) days and more for respond but didnt get from them anything (even now). and when i contact paypal finally, my account was automtically disabled. nothing was iligal or fraud. everything was legit and in good faith.

what would you do if a buyer from ebay dont response to your questions even after 10 days? you will contact paypal for refund. and it is legit and understand. i know it is not the same but it is similar.

About forcing- i didnt and i dont want to force anyone. in fact, i wanted envato to put back the money into the deposit section for me to buy another wordpress theme that will work for me.

Maybe it was my frustration when i contact paypal, i dont know. but nothing was not in purpose. Perhaps the behavior of ENVATO frightened me. thats all.

You did good, don’t worry, Envato will settle this, but you just have to wait and go through all these support tickets. This is something that will probably require attention from more than 1 support person and that takes time.

3365 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred more than 2000 users
+4 more
sevenspark Volunteer moderator says

Hi Rami,

You’re right that 10 days seems like a long time, but as freshface pointed out, it can take some time to sort through things. They only give a refund it a product is broken or does not do what it says, so that means they need to take the time to review the product individually before providing a refund. That can take time.

So, while I understand that you thought it was your only option, Envato does state its policy on this:

http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/286/54/paypal-and-moneybookers-issues
I want to request a refund for an item I have purchased. Who do I contact?

If you have purchased an item and it does not work as described or is faulty, please contact Support and tell them which item you purchased and exactly what the problem has been with the item. The item will be investigated, and if it is found to be faulty or not working as described it will be fixed or a refund will be offered. Before submitting a refund claim, please review the comments on the item page – there is a good chance someone else may have had the same problem as you and the author might have already addressed the issue. Also make sure that you thoroughly read all of the item’s documentation in case there is an existing answer to your issue. Please note that because of the nature of digital goods, support unfortunately cannot issue a refund or exchange unless the item is malfunctioning or corrupt, or does not work as described. If you initiate a charge back with your financial institution or dispute the transaction with PayPal, this will result in your Marketplace account being automatically disabled to guard against fraudulent transactions. This will most likely delay the refund process, so please contact Support before initiating a charge back.

As it says, if you initiate a chargeback, your account will automatically be locked till they resolve the issue. Once things are sorted out, they’ll reactivate it.

Hope that helps,

Chris

5 posts
Rami7270 says

Thanks chris, that was helpful!

:)

by
by
by
by
by