oh, this is so sad….

741 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
Hotpin says

We are simply paying the price for the sick systems we have created: corrupted governments, banks, financial speculation… that’s the natural evolution of people and countries eating each other for money…

the problem is that people never learn. Usually there is a big war after an economic collapse and who manage to remain alive just start the cycle all over till the next economic collapse and eventual war.

But this appears to be the first global economic collapse when at the same time there are a lot of nuclear weapons around. There may not be a next chance to start over.

There was scarce news about the people from Cyprus but I liked that guy with the bulldozer near the bank. The only reason why they didn’t get that 10% cut from savings account was because people stand up and make sure they will not allow this.

On the other hand, Cyprus is known to offer offshore banking accounts for those anonymous owned companies that one opens at Seychelles or Liechtenstein. There is an outstanding amount of money passing through Cyprus banks, yet now they say they have no money left. Is ridiculous.

The money are Russian and offshore money Cyprus has no right on those money and if those money leave from Cyprus is gonna be total collapse with no return!

801 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
+4 more
delgibbons says

The world economy is a mess. Give everyone $5000 and start again, I say!

741 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+5 more
Hotpin says

Probably this is the solution….

335 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+4 more
Folksnet says

That’s how mess starts.

982 posts
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+6 more
greenline says

Trying to steal 10% from all bank deposits (because it’s stealing, doesn’t it? – when you take something from someone without his acceptance) it’s a social and economic crime planned by European Union. I think they knew the consequences when they started this…

On the other hand, if I will be in this situation ever, the first time I will hear of such plans of taking money from people deposits to guarantee the country’s debits, I will withdraw my money when it’s still possible and I will buy gold. Buying gold with your money it’s the safest thing to do when your country has economical difficulties.

Did they block also your internet banking? Don’t you have some alternatives to send money from your account using internet/electronic banking?

1037 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+5 more
Alexlasek says

sorry to hear it man, that’s really sh*ty!

335 posts
+4 more
Folksnet says

Earn the money and be responsible. Charity should be on our mind not free money.

648 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
abstract-labs says

agree Doru, people will never learn, also because the majority are brain washed and controlled slaves as Blinn said… I have the feeling that we will all end up in a Mad Max like scenario.

Hotpin I’ve heard that they still trying to find a solution

2003 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
matsteiner Envato team says

I’m really sorry for you – and shocked. I heard two days ago, it should not go bankrupt!
This doesn’t bring your money back, but I think we all have to learn to NOT trust in money, your’s is not the last country where that system breaks down… even when my country is maybe the safest regarding the money, I don’t think so it will last forever…!

by
by
by
by
by
by