3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
reluctantexan says

I’ve been using WP for years and successfully use iThemes Builder and Child Themes as well as many others.

Today I purchased Genova – Minimalistic WordPress Template, excited because I think it’s beautiful.

I downloaded it, did a new installation into a perfectly pure domain. It told me the zip was corrupted, so I downloaded again, took off the WP installation, re-installed WP. Then I started getting the cursed Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 57933824) (tried to allocate 9417968 bytes) in /home/myrede/public_html/wp-admin/includes/........etc.

I sent an email to Flipthemes and they responded, telling me it was a problem with my host, couldn’t possibly be their problem.

I searched the internet and found answers to the issue: Checked to make certain my php.ini was set at 64mb, edited my .htaccess file to reflect the same, as well as wp-admin.php.

I’ve uninstalled WP numerous times, tried to upload the zip and am still unsuccessful.

Wasted money and lots of wasted time.

I’m a new customer on this site and have made several purchases, all of which worked perfectly (including another site template) except this one.

I was charged $30 for something I cannot use and for which the seller offers me no assistance.

I’m a reseller of hosting on HostGator, a webmaster and handle 30+ websites.

This one has me stumped.

If anybody is monitoring this forum and has had success with installing this theme, please share your insights.

Thanks.

206 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
mlando says

I’m not familiar with the theme you bought but try this:

http://wiki.envato.com/buying/support-buying/solving-broken-theme-issues/

Also check if the theme uses TimThumb Script… host Gator is notorious for not having it white listed by default and you have to call them to enable it on your domain. Luckily newer themes are starting to use built in features since WP 2 .9 to avoid this.

Next if you contact the author for help, be sure you do it while logged in to TF with the account that you purchased from and email them by clicking their profile. Authors, including myself, use it to check purchase info. hope that will help.

415 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
osigrandi says

How did you upload the theme? Using the wordpress uploader inside wp-admin? If you have, you should know it’s pretty unreliable, especially with large archives.

Upload the theme via a FTP client, FileZilla for instance.

3 posts
reluctantexan says

Thanks for the input. I’ll try all.

552 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Located in Canada
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
OurWebMedia says
Thanks for the input. I’ll try all.

This is a problem with your host. Being that I run a hosting company, I can tell you right now you need to contact your hosting company and ask them to increase the alloted memory allowed to be used by PHP . Best bet is, your hosting company has limited your PHP memory usage because it uses so many resources.

Now to also put a spin on things: I also purchased this template, I’ve had no problems with it whatsoever and I purchased this template just a few days ago.

Best of luck.

3 posts
reluctantexan says

I talked to my hosting company and I have 64mb of php memory so that isn’t the prob.

552 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Located in Canada
+1 more
OurWebMedia says
I talked to my hosting company and I have 64mb of php memory so that isn’t the prob.

Well from the following error message:

error: Out of memory (allocated 57933824) (tried to allocate 9417968 bytes) in /home/myrede/public_html/wp-admin/includes/........etc.

This is a memory usage error, caused by something using too much memory that the hosting account is not alloted for.

If you contact me via my profile, provide me with FTP access to where you want the template uploaded I’ll do it for you, no charge. I’ll tell you right away whether or not its your host.

Kind regards, Bryce

4905 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says

Hello Reluctantexan,

I’m very sorry you’re having trouble with this theme, if the above solutions don’t work out for you please write into support explaining the issue you’re having. We test all themes prior to accepting them, so it must have worked for the reviewer. However, in a few rare occasions, ZIP files have became corrupted once going onto our server, so it could very well just be an issue that happened with the ZIP after accepting it.

So as I said, if you’re still having problems after trying what these other guys suggested, write into support and we’ll have a second look at the file.

629 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
VagrantRadio says

It’s not the theme and it has nothing to do with the theme, so don’t blame the author. It’s WordPress.

Open your config.php file in the root and add

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '64M');

to the bottom on line 48

define('AUTH_KEY', 'put your unique phrase here');
define('SECURE_AUTH_KEY', 'put your unique phrase here');
define('LOGGED_IN_KEY', 'put your unique phrase here');
define('NONCE_KEY', 'put your unique phrase here');

That should Will fix it.

by
by
by
by