812 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
iamthwee says

Well, I was thinking about getting started…

And I was looking through the repository and I don’t think this has been done before. Well at least not sold here on Codecanyon.

What I was thinking of is a drag and drop MySQL query builder, written in Jquery and PHP . The idea is for the end user to select their MySQL database drag a table out and then link it up.

This then automagically spits out the relevant SQL statement or will execute the query.

This will be unique because it will be web based so it won’t matter what platform you are on and will be sold at a fraction of the price the bigs guns out there are using.

As a starter I’ve found some code to begin with: http://jsbin.com/evoloy/2/edit#source

So let’s see where I can go with this…

629 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
Thecodingdude says

I like this idea but I disagree with:

and will be sold at a fraction of the price the bigs guns out there are using.
that statement.

If I were to build this script I’d be pretty damned sure it wasn’t going to be sold at $20 (or even $50). Why? Because this is a pretty hefty script. Look at the amount of JS code you’ve already found just for a simple drag and drop. This isn’t going to be a quick fix up, as what you’re proposing is quite a mammoth of a script.

You’ve also got to factor in the fact that people use Firefox 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 and possibly even 12 and 13 in a few days time and they would expect browser compatibility to be thorough. You said this would work on every platform, but in this day and age, it’s becoming tougher and tougher to get web based apps to work flawlessly across devices (screens, browsers, hardware).

812 posts
  • Exclusive Author
iamthwee says

Thanks every platform, would be the most latest version of ff, ie, chrome etc rather than every single version of every web browser ever made on all platforms.

But yeah, maybe this is a little too overambitious. Oh well, I like to push the boat out. LOL

I may try creating a static table app before I do a drag and drop.

by
by
by
by
by
by