1005 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+6 more
greenline says

My first item rejected:

The overall quality of your submission does not meet our aesthetic and technical requirements and will need to be improved before being resubmitted. Unfortunately we’re not able to provide more specific feedback for your submission at this time.

This is the item: http://dvdnunta.ro/envato/rainbow/index.html

Please help me with some guidelines.

I just want to understand how an item like this (which I consider NOT esthetic at all): http://themeforest.net/item/minimalistpro-coming-soon-page-with-countdown/2592519?WT.ac=search_item&WT.seg_1=search_item&WT.z_author=DesignedByBen

has been approved and mine not. Thanks in advance.

13 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
byroncorrales says

The email field and the send button looks the same, there is not difference between a textfield an a button. There are some aligment problems is these two elements too.

I like the background effect … Try to change the tittle font color to white.

1034 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+2 more
BenSheppard says

This is one of the better coming soon templates that has been accepted. With 42 sales too.

1005 posts
+6 more
greenline says

I’m sorry Ben, this is not personal…I just do not find it aesthetic, I do not like the typography at all…I just wanted to understand what “aesthetic” means to reviewers.

487 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
rayoflightt says

Hi greenline, from my experience aesthetic for reviewers is template that has proper hierarchy, vertical rhythm, lot of features and options and something unique but still simple enough not to distract attention from main message of future website.

When I look at your template I don’t see any message in first few seconds, noting grabs my attention, elements are small and macro-space is not used well. Also I’m not sure that you use proper line-height but maybe I’m mistaken. About send button you already got suggestion. Also, timer background and template’s background are not in proper contrast and timer’s background is not visible clearly.

And I don’t think that kind of attitude with pointing out at someone’s template (well selling template) as a bad one is acceptable here.

Anyway, welcome to TF. ;)

6 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
mcoban says

so what If my template? I wonder where I make mistake? advice me please

demo url: http://cbnart.com/cbnConstruction/

120 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Flay says

greenline:

I’m sorry, but I don’t like your design at all. The typography and visual hierarchy is really bad.

The item you showed us as an example of reviewer’s bad judgement may not be great, but it’s still much better than what you did. Just my opinion.

219 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Greece
+2 more
corethemes says

Hello there,

I think it’s lovely, there are some elements that really bring it down though:

• Remove the text-shadow from everything; it’s not subtle, and makes everything look blurry and not premium
  • The “our website is coming soon” and the logo need to stand out; make them bigger bolder, and use visual hierarchy (italics, bold, different color, etc)
  • The #outer div blends too much. Increase the opacity or the border

Best of luck, Nikos

61 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
FreshCreations says

Try to use a different background, that should be a huge step forward caus the one you are using now hurts my eyes..

Also remove the shadow on your text caus it makes it blurry and almost not readable. Same on the logo.

For the input and button you should try something else. The overall look is to transparant try some solid color stuff.

1005 posts
+6 more
greenline says

Hi guys, thanks a lot for your replies, they are really helpful.

And again, about the other design I pointed out: I was not trying to say it’s bad or ugly, I just wanted to understand why that one was accepted and mine not. Honestly, I’ve seen better designs and the one I pointed out did not seem a premium template, that’s all. And again, nothing personal, I am sure all of us report our work to others, so…So again, nothing personal…like the clothing, the web design preferences are so subjective…

by
by
by
by
by
by