19 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
TeodrisAtlantis says

Hello Videohive Community,

My name is Martin from Germany and I just started be active on Videohive.

My first project got Soft-Rejected and I asked in the Videohive forum how long can I take to reupload it, since the render took me 4 days. One User told me to show the project in this forum, so i just wanted to share it with you guys.

Old Thread: http://videohive.net/forums/thread/time-for-resubmissions/96472

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eit3paFRCfg&feature=youtu.be

Here are the most important reasons why it got Soft-Rejected:

1. The editable text, compared to the rest of the 3D, looks very flat and basic. It shouldn’t be too difficult to make the text look much better by giving it some depth within After Effects. Please keep working on the text so that it looks like it fits within the 3D environment you’ve established.

2. Overall, it appears as though you’ve created 1 simple scene with a basic camera movement, which reverses back in the opposite direction to extend the scene even longer.

Please create more scenes with different camera angles and movements to increase the usefulness of the project.

3. The background of the animation is entirely black. Please consider adding some design elements to the background to improve upon the perspective and complexity of the animation.

5. Please convert any .avi files into .mov assets.

1. I think I’ll leave this place for the text just blank, there is not enough space for it and buyers can put everything they want in the Screen place.

2. I Totally agree with it, so i will add 2 more camera movements, what will take maybe 8 days.

3. Yeah the background…I’ve to say I’m not good in this stuff ,also Texturing, but i will try my best.

5. I used AVI because it can be 700 MB, and Packet into a ZIP or RAR its 7 Mb, i will try out the MOV Container with different codecs, because my project had already 680 MB, not sure if this will work with 2 more Camera Movements.

I’m very excited to hear your Feedback’s / Advises.

Many regards,

Martin

107 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+3 more
lenerway says

Dear MartinKrauseProd,

Your templates render quality looks good and you have a very friendly and detailed explanation about the rejection.
As far as I know there is no limited time to update your file so don’t panic and do your best.
Leaving the text holder just blank would not be a good decision.
We not only sell the animations but also the designs when making a template and the text work is one of the most important parts of many templates.
So giving it a unique style will be a plus for your template.

You have done the hard work by modelling /lightning the scene and as I said it looks good to me.
Be patient and finalize this template with some great moves.

680 MB is too much for such a scene try to use H264 with a high bitrate for best results.(Use matte passes if you plan to use it with alpha channels with the same codec)

I hope I was helpful for you.

Best regards MartinKrauseProd.

649 posts
+4 more
abstract-labs says

Hey Martin, just a note: don’t upload Rar files, only Zip files are allowed.

If I may add a couple of things with my very little experience here: keep in mind what the reviewer said about the “usefulness” of the project… the buyer needs to show its own stuff so give more room (in terms of viewing time) to the display by working on camera movement and different angles, for example see how this guy moves his camera: http://videohive.net/item/purple-party/233549 :)

Also if you make the background (and a few other elements) editable in After Effects this will give your customers the opportunity to change a little bit the look and feel of the project, and this is a good thing.

That said I really like your 3D work, it’s very nice, but I don’t understand why it takes 4 days (and nights?) to render…

19 posts
+1 more
TeodrisAtlantis says

Hey Martin, just a note: don’t upload Rar files, only Zip files are allowed.

If I may add a couple of things with my very little experience here: keep in mind what the reviewer said about the “usefulness” of the project… the buyer needs to show its own stuff so give more room (in terms of viewing time) to the display by working on camera movement and different angles, for example see how this guy moves his camera: http://videohive.net/item/purple-party/233549 :)

Also if you make the background (and a few other elements) editable in After Effects this will give your customers the opportunity to change a little bit the look and feel of the project, and this is a good thing.

That said I really like your 3D work, it’s very nice, but I don’t understand why it takes 4 days (and nights?) to render…

Hello and thanks for you answer! :)

I’m aware about the ZIP thing, already done that with my first upload :) The example you posted is really awesome, I’ll work now even more in this project thanks a lot. I’ll work now on the background and on the text, i just kinda felt the text is too much in this sequence, and it should be just a small “bonus” for the buyer, since its already tracked etc. But I’ll work now on this stuff, also add 2 more scenes. The render took me 4 days becvause of global illumination + Physical Render. Since Yesterday I rendered without it and didn saw any big changes, so its way faster now. Rendered already 1 more scenes over night so I think i will be way faster ready :)

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

Best regards

19 posts
+1 more
TeodrisAtlantis says

wow guys, really appreciate your feedback, i rendered now the luma(alpha) channel and the actual footage in h264, and instead of fighting with 50-60 GB, i work now with 50 mb, awesome, never thought its that easy! thanks a lot!

649 posts
+4 more
abstract-labs says

Well done!... for rendering time looks like the way to go is Octane Render + Nvidia Cuda card as advised by Ghosteam in another post, check it out, real time rendering and very affordable price!

http://render.otoy.com/videos.php
19 posts
+1 more
TeodrisAtlantis says

Thanks andrus, i heard about octance, and i also bought recently the nvidia 660, but since I’m doing an apprenticeship, means I’ve a really low amount of salary, its hard to spend 300 €, so I hope I can earn something on videohive and invest this!

Best regards

410 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
GhosTeam says

Well done!... for rendering time looks like the way to go is Octane Render + Nvidia Cuda card as advised by Ghosteam in another post, check it out, real time rendering and very affordable price! http://render.otoy.com/videos.php

I’m in love with Octane…I tend to care less about render times these days since I prefer to set the quality on the top level …just looks so cool!
(by the way, the first 300euros I made from VH were used immediately for Octane)
Check these out… snapshots from a project I’m working on right now for VH :)

649 posts
+4 more
abstract-labs says

I’m in love with Octane…I tend to care less about render times these days since I prefer to set the quality on the top level …just looks so cool!

That’s great Ghost! Hope to see your project soon… and Octane will be the next thing I’m going to buy!

19 posts
+1 more
TeodrisAtlantis says

yeah it looks awesome! Octane render is worth the money!

So besides the easy 3D Text creation in AE CS6 with the raytraced render, I dont find any good way to make a 3D text for CS5.5 or 5 Users, besides dublicating a mass of layers and put each of them more and more in Z space..additionally it looks terrible..i think to make it for more then just 1 AE version, i will just leave the text out of this project, besides you guys know a better way..

by
by
by
by
by
by