• Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Ukraine
JoomForest says

Hi, its my first theme and it was rejected. reason was:

1.Your template does not provide a unique enough design with the necessary design quality, features and options to compete in the marketplace at this time. It requires improvements in term of design, visual hierarchy, typography, layout and its aesthetic quality but most importantly, its uniqueness and how the design is executed. 2. There are a few inconsistent spacing/padding issues throughout the design. I’d like you to go over it with a fine toothed comb and weed out these basic design issues. 3. Overall theme typography needs additional refinements and improvements before it will be ready for Theme Forest. The theme will need also improvements in visual hierarchy primarily using typographic elements such as headings. 4. This is important— try to make your theme’s design more unique. Adding features, options and styles will help increase your template’s value and increase its ability to be approved. However, a unique design will be a key factor for approval. 5. Even with the current design, a significant increase in the polish of the various aspects of the theme may just swing the decision in your favor. Right now, it doesn’t feel like a premium theme.

I’d like some feedback on it to get accepted, what needs to be changed or fixed? any critique are welcome.

Thanks in advance :)

here’s demo

176 posts
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
Denoizzed says

Needs more polishing – looks kinda rough for me now.

4 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Ukraine
JoomForest says
Denoizzed said
Needs more polishing – looks kinda rough for me now.

Thanks for replying. I’m already working on this :)

4 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Ukraine
JoomForest says

Hi again, i think have fixed & it looks more polish, before resubmit theme i need some feedback please, as i said any critique are welcome.

here’s demo

3256 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Beta Tester
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+4 more
ParkerAndKent says

I give you another tip. Before uploading a theme build your image… you need an avatar and a better profile.

Also if your themes get accepted, I’m not sure buyers would buy from an anonymous author without an avatar.

Good luck ;)

Parker

4 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Ukraine
JoomForest says
ParkerAndKent said
I give you another tip. Before uploading a theme build your image… you need an avatar and a better profile.

Also if your themes get accepted, I’m not sure buyers would buy from an anonymous author without an avatar.

Good luck ;)

Parker

thanks for your tip, but i need some feedback on my theme :)

14 posts
  • Exclusive Author
mamod says

Looks very good man, but since you ask some feed backs then here is what I think

1- I don’t like the separator between blocks too many lines over each others, see below

2- twitter widget on the right need to be more polished

3- I’m not sure about this but the font doesn’t render well, I tested with all major browsers and they all rendered it the same way, maybe you’re using the wrong font weight, see how it looks below.

by
by
by
by
by
by