9 posts
  • Located in Morocco
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
ImadLB says

My template got rejected, and i got this from ThemeForest:

Unfortunately your submission AutoZone – Responsive WordPress Car Dealership isn’t quite ready for ThemeForest and requires significant improvements and changes before it can be resubmitted and reconsidered.

Additionally, we have some extra feedback for you:

The overall quality of your submission does not meet our aesthetic and technical requirements and will need to be improved before being resubmitted. Unfortunately we’re not able to provide more specific feedback for your submission at this time.

Please consider taking some time to familiarise yourself with our current library and quality levels of popular items before resubmitting.

My theme URL is at: AutoZone Theme.

What’s your advice for me to get approved ? Thanks.

2232 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
manuelvega says

I think its quite well , but layout its too simple , slider has no style & images looks stretched

111 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+2 more
wallfish says

I think its quite well , but layout its too simple , slider has no style & images looks stretched

Agreed with the images looks stretched. Plus alignment is good but it looks like stuff is hanging in mid-air. For example the description with “make, year & mileage” area. May be use different fonts, sizes and back them up with a small background boxes which blends in well. Same with the titles of side widgets. You can use some CSS in designing the 4 drop-downs on the top.

Otherwise it’s a very well laid out web design. I am not a developer but the functions of it looks pretty nice. I don’t know whether there is something in the coding aesthetics that’s missing but I thinks its working pretty well.

Hope it helps :) and good luck with the re-submission process mate!

9 posts
  • Located in Morocco
ImadLB says

Thanks for help, Any other areas of improvement? :)

9 posts
  • Located in Morocco
ImadLB says

Are there any other suggestions?

111 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+2 more
wallfish says

Are there any other suggestions?

Wow you’re a good listener. I’ll add up few more point because I feel like but these changes I suggest will be completely subjective so just take what you feel is right.

Design:
  • You should may be try putting two columns instead of one which is currently there.
  • Also you’ve used Facebook social plugin which is quiet an old thing and not so much interesting these days. Also it looks a little more rigid as you can’t code it (or may be you can).
  • Try shifting social plugins either at the bottom or to the top (personal opinion)
  • The prices are floating in mid-air. Try creating some better way to show costs.
  • Current title fonts are very hard hitting but I believe that’s intentional as the logo itself has similar fonts. May be pay more attention to details while designing right widgets.

Envato reviewer now are taking their quality very seriously and because of tons of templates submitted before there is a good chance of your design to look like another one. Which cause soft rejects or for that matter hard rejects.

Well, that’s all what I have to tell. Hope it helps and thanks for listening, keep up your curiosity :)

Good luck!
by
by
by
by
by
by