41 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
websiteking says

My first theme for ThemeForest….but…I don’t think it’s good enough to worth bothering with (from what I can see its hard to get anything on this site and when you do you only get about 25% of the $12 you charge anyway)..Maybe it would be better as a freebie on another site – whaddya think:

http://www.websiteking.co.uk/temp/macplate/

PS I dunno how to gewt this forum to email me when I get a reply – any ideas?

2023 posts Review Manager
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

It needs some work and could use some additional features in my opinion. Might be worth developing the other pages with more features and working on it a little more.

Starting Feb. 15th the rates will be changing. You can become an exclusive author right away which starts you at 40% commissions. You have the opportunity to earn up to 70% as well.

Currently there isn’t an option to have the forum email you when you get replies. :( Maybe one of these days though.

2541 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+9 more
CreatingDrew says

The footer is messed up on my computer. 13 Inch Macbook 10.5.4 running FireFox. Screen shot here: http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/DrewsDesigns/FirefoxScreenSnapz001-1.jpg

41 posts
websiteking says

‘xmdsys’ – thanks for your reply. I was thinking of an accordion on the right kind of like they have at http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/icons_screensavers/

but I have to admit I don’t know how to do ‘Accordion’ and cant find a plain English guide.

I am far from finished and appreciate any comments on my template!

I have tried to steer away from the scrolling images at the top like 90% of the templates on here seem to have. I prefer minimalism and am working on a nice PSD .

2023 posts Review Manager
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

Yup, same in Safari 3 and Opera 9. Prob. same in all the other browsers. Font line-height or container padding needs to be set. You should also be using un-ordered lists for those elements in the footer, not just a list of links wrapped in span tags. :)

Edit: Accordion tutorial: http://docs.jquery.com/UI/Accordion

698 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
segen says

Consider adding more colors to the design. The menu could use some popular jQuery effects. Simple and neat or should I say neat and simple. Oh and work more on Your content it’s a little empty now.

115 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Won a competition
zigmat says

It looks good, but it is non normal simplicity. Maybe add some rounded backgrounds to ”#content h2”?

2529 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

I agree about the colors. I do like the simple white/gray, white/black look, but a template has to be execute EXTREMELY well.

I’m a big fan of using a few muted colors (shades of gray/black) and then one stand-out color.

2529 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

Also, the site feels really “flat”. Collis wrote some great tutorials for PSDTUTS not long ago – Web Design Week – that will really help you in this regard.

41 posts
websiteking says

Thanks everyone, it was a ‘quick’ project and one that I dont feel I will release here. I’ll just release it on OSWD .

by
by
by
by
by
by