41 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
websiteking says

Hi and thanks for reading. I have just completed my first design for ThemeForest; I’m not much of a Coder so it’s a PSD , well, 2 PSD ’s – a Home page and a Contact page. Have a look: http://www.linkfinders.info/upload/images/7kybgb1fsmv8bljj16ak.jpg

I’m 14th in the queue but hopefully I will get accepted.

32 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
+2 more
idowebdesign says

Looks good, however, not sure if you are allowed to put the Mac product with the logo in the template?

Nice work anyway !

Cheers

2952 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
DDStudios says

Yeah look good , but I don’t think you will be approved because of the Mac use. If I were you , I would delete my file in the queue and do some changes , and re-upload before they clear it …

Dany

41 posts
websiteking says

They turned it down saying it’s not ‘asthetically pleasing enough’ – lol, if they can do better where’s their stuff?

Does anyone know of a website where I can offer free templates please? I wont be creating anything else for this site…perhaps if I put one of those slidey things in the middle like every other template on TF then they’d have liked it.

41 posts
websiteking says

Oh PS, I have permission to use that image.

2023 posts Review Manager
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

The PSD category has higher design standards than the other categories so it’s going to be more difficult to have designs accepted.

Aside from that, you design does need some work. Here’s a few things I noticed right away.
  1. The shadow on the large imac is cut off on the left.
  2. There is a giant blank space towards the bottom for no reason.
  3. Eye flow is kind of mixed up.
  4. Overall it needs further refinement
Hopefully that helps. You can always offer free templates on a website of your own but to be honest here, the best place to grow your portfolio and improve your skills is the envato market places. It might take some time and quite a bit of work at first but you’ll eventually get your design fine tuned and accepted. Once it’s accepted, it’s a pretty great feeling and your first one feels like a solid accomplishment.

I hope you don’t give up yet! :-)

2541 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+9 more
CreatingDrew says
They turned it down saying it’s not ‘asthetically pleasing enough’ – lol, if they can do better where’s their stuff? Does anyone know of a website where I can offer free templates please? I wont be creating anything else for this site…perhaps if I put one of those slidey things in the middle like every other template on TF then they’d have liked it.
Sure, there are plenty of websites where you can give away free templates. Check out oswd.org or just consider releasing it for free on your own site.

And they have done better, just check out any of the approved psd templates ;)

2952 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
DDStudios says

Don’t give up so easily , you are the only one that lose if you do. I got my first PSD theme accepted and then got refused 2 time in a row after that .. And looking at them , I approved that they were not really cool.

The problem with PSD section is that it sell less than Coded so they have to get the best of the best there.

You should try to work your design again and put yourself in the buyers head , try to incoporate some nice feature (yeah slidey thing is a great feature even if its on all template here :) ) You have to work a little harder to get something new , that is the challenge here .. and if you practice a lot , you will get better at creating something new everytime (im not talking about reinvent the wheels , just stand up your game a little)

Last thing , I know it’s hard but just dont take that personnal , use what they say and adapt yourself.

Hope that help.

Dany

536 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Croatia
+2 more
darius9000 says

hi all! my first post :)

as someone said, and i agree, don’t give up if someone turn down your work and don’t take it personally.

work hard and you will succeed sooner or later. ;)

145 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
JJenZz says

You told me you had 5 years experience in the industry, how could you be “not much of a coder”? ;)

Anyway, only wrote to say that there are loads of free template sites if you’re still looking for one. Just search open source web design/templates. A few I used to contribute to are opendesigns.org, oswd.org and openwebdesign.org. Obviously the quality is nothing compared to what you find here though.

Good luck and like everyone has already said, try not to take it too personally!

by
by
by
by
by
by