Hi. I’ve been creating Wordpress sites for clients for a few years now and I’ve decided it’d be a good idea to start creating themes to sell on Themeforest but I’m a little unsure where to start. My issues are:
1. Theme frameworks 2. Images and videos for placeholders 3. Theme options
1. I’m a little unsure what can and can’t be used for the theme framework i.e. can I take a theme framework with a GPL license, adapt and build upon those themes and then am I within my rights to be able to sell those themes on TF? Little unsure about the ownership? Or would you advise to create my own framework from scratch and then use that?
2. Is there any images and videos that can be used for free in order to add as placeholders on the theme I’m wanting to sell?
3. I will need to included theme options so can I use a plugin such as OptionTree for this.
I think with all of this is about copyright and what I am and am not allowed to use.
Forgive me if this has a) been answered numerous times before and/or b) is so obvious that I should know it anyway! Please be nice though
1. I think yes, why not? 2. I think you can use any images you found if author not against. 3. You can use SMOF by Syamil MJ https://github.com/sy4mil/Options-Framework
I can vouch for smof in a big way, i use it in my responsive theme im currently developing for release here on tf. The author is awesome with support and regulary applies bug fixes,updates and additional features