• Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Netherlands
vanRijswijk says

Hello all,

Next year me my wife and my son are traveling to Australia (Sydny) for 4 weeks, we are searching the web for hotels, apartments, sight seeing etc etc.

Is there anyone here from Australia that can give me some advise or recommendation??

YES , the Envato HQ in Melbourne is on my list to visit :P

Thank you very much, greetz Dizcow.

26 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
Giant says

Hello all,

Next year me my wife and my son are traveling to Australia (Sydny) for 4 weeks, we are searching the web for hotels, apartments, sight seeing etc etc.

Is there anyone here from Australia that can give me some advise or recommendation??

YES , the Envato HQ in Melbourne is on my list to visit :P

Thank you very much, greetz Dizcow.

Don’t eat any roo’s

5075 posts
  • Australia
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Australia says

Roo meat is ok, not my cuppa’tea. Bit gamey.

1. dont underestimate the size of Australia.

2. allow plenty of time for travelling !

3. you dont say what time of year you are coming. dec/jan/feb are scorchers !! easily into the 40’s

4. the bridge climb in sydney is worth a punt.

5. invest in a hire car, abel car rentals are the cheapest http://www.abel.com.au/

6. i cannot offer advice on where to stay, for holidaymakers , as we have only stayed in swanky hotels on one or 2 night bizz trips.

7. however if you venture upto qld, try and get a deal at the Versace , took wife there last year for our anniversary. Best deals for that are on: http://www.wotif.com

In fact wotif offer some great deals. Also worth a punt is looking at http://www.scoopon.com.au/sydney

Have a noice trip :)

2821 posts
  • Australia
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+10 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

Yer, travelling time can be a killer.

From Sydney you could probably do the casual 2 day (or pushing it overnight) drive south to Melbourne. There’s a zoo and some attractions/parks/cafes in the city. Lovely city (except some parts at night). South of Melb driving down on the mornington perninsula can be a great day trip / overnight trip. West of Melb is the famous great ocean road. You could probably go see it as a day trip from melbourne. Cold/unpredictable weather some parts of the year.

From Sydney you could probably also do the casual 2 day (or pushing it overnight) drive north to the Gold Coast (beaches, versace, theme parks). If you do the Gold Coast theme park/beach thing you can also drive 2 hours further north through Brisbane to Australia Zoo ( steve irwins place – crocodiles etc.. ). Usually nice warm weather.

Keep in mind that what you drive in the short 2 days can be easily done in 6 months with a caravan – there is just so much to see and do if you have the time!

A flight north to Cairns should be a consideration. Heading up to the lovely palm cove with a unit on the beach and booking a boat/snorkel tour out around the reef. Catching the train up the mountain to the rainforest and the skyrail back down (kuranda). Pretty much always hot.

If you come in whale season jump out on a boat anywhere they offer it (if it’s good weather). Most places generally guarantee a sighting during the season. Can be really good or just a few splashes on the horizon depending on what mood they’re in.

If you get offered roo meat or crocodile meat, give it a whirl. It’s great!

Hope you enjoy your visit ! Use http://maps.google.com.au for directions and to see how long it takes to drive between places.

Watch out for snakes and those crazy kids riding kangaroos down the street all day.

114 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
vanRijswijk says

Thanks for the tips :D

@SportTipsWorld

We are traveling from 7th November 2012 till 07th December 2012, we booked a house @ Bundeena, NSW , Australia.

We are still figuring out where to rent our car, this is a must since Australia is so big.

@dtbaker

We are planning a flight to the great barrier reef and planning to go to the Steve Irwin Zoo.

Thanks for your tips :D

5075 posts
  • Australia
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Australia says

and u are here for only 3 weeks ?

WOW

I was at the GBReef last week, i would give it a miss and head up to kuranda on the scenic railway and down on the cable car, much better !

The reef was a sad disappointment to us.

Australia Zoo, is only 15 minutes from our house, make sure you take in the Glass House Mountains too !

The eighth wonder of the world , almost :)

114 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
vanRijswijk says

NO 4 weeks ;) I cannot get more holiday from my job :(

by
by