50 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
Allseeingeye says

I have been a user now for quite a while and have believe that the following suggestions would improve the user interface of Envato, in my humble opinion of course. Some are very small changes bare in mind.

1. Preview screenshot clicks straight through to demo. Instead of going to the sales pitch, I think its more important to see the product first. One example would be buying a new car, I am not going to listen to the sales person rambling on about the car first, I have seen something I like and want a test drive.

2. A page where all the history of featured items are.

3. The possibility of having some kind of FAQ section for each product, instead of having a comments section and have creators redirect to a separate support page, it would be nice to see the most frequent answers for each product on the listing.

4. I really admire the top left logo menu, the only thing I find frustrating is the size of the arrow you have to click, sometimes I click the graphic itself bringing me back to the homepage, please make this bigger and move it to the right a bit.

5. When searching for a new template, I will never buy anything less than 3.5 stars, just under the ignorant assumption there are further hiccups along the road. I would like to see a way to permanently filter 4/5 star rated themes or products. This is good for the user but I can see it would also be bad for the seller.

For now thats all I can think of.

I would like to hear everyones thoughts on this.

Thanks

56 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
iodaniel says

About 5. Filter the products from the stars rating, well is bad, since most of the buyers forget to rate the products that doesnt mean that the products are bad or not good. You forgot that we have reviewers that double check our products for approvement.

About.4 Would be even better if they move the Market Menu on the left side so he can slide when the user its going down the page, with the logos of each market to pop out when the pointer is on it.

Anyway .. this are small changes. The website looks perfectly for me. Cheers iodaniel.

1617 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
PatrikL Envato team says

For number 3. We do have a F.A.Q. section for every item. See screenshot ->

Also, main reason for authors to have their own support system is to make it easier to verify who’s bought the file instead of giving support to someone who might have actually stolen it. That’s my point of view on it anyway and I’m sure that not everyone agrees with me.

50 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
Allseeingeye says

For number 3. We do have a F.A.Q. section for every item. See screenshot ->

Also, main reason for authors to have their own support system is to make it easier to verify who’s bought the file instead of giving support to someone who might have actually stolen it. That’s my point of view on it anyway and I’m sure that not everyone agrees with me.

Yes, as you can see, working long hours has given me double vision either that or I need to get my eyes tested.

Thanks and sorry for being so blind, never seen that in my life, wow Envato is pretty epic.

I do agree with the authors reasoning to offer custom support as like you said, people using stolen items would get free full support, part of the service which is integral to the item itself.

1617 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
PatrikL Envato team says

Haha! We’ve all been there my friend, easy to miss something from time to time ;)

1002 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has referred 200+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
mudi says

There should be a section on the homepage which show recently updated items if its not possible than at-least existing customer get notified about the update.

by
by
by
by
by
by