630 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
RobbyDesigns says

I dont want to keep using a .txt file for the ‘Help’ in my designs so I came up with this: http://www.robbydesigns.com/zz-help/#thetop

Will that be okay with Envato? (Ignore the header, that’s just a quickie).

Cheers everyone :)

2023 posts Review Manager
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

Hmm, I can’t speak for the reviewer in charge of the category this will be submitted to so I won’t but you might shoot support an email so they can have the reviewer take a peek and let you know if this will be good or not.

If it contains as much info. as a regular help .txt file which is accepted, then I’m sure this one will be great. Looks much better than the boring old text too. :-)

2529 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

We don’t have a problem as long as the help file is detailed, accessible, and doesn’t require an internet connection to view. :)

193 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Roeven says

I think it looks good and professional. I include a PDF file in the download usually. Make sure you’ll be using that template for help files for other items as well. :)

2453 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
digitalimpact says

nice concept :)

960 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
jeffeatworld says

I use the HTML Help File template for mine, that’s awesome and much clearer than a text file could ever be.

In my opinion, this is the same concept only you’ve branded it so I don’t see a problem with it.

One thing I really, really want to do is provide a PDF version of my HTML help page (without the HORRIBLE link things at the top of the page lol). If anyone knows how to do that (free of charge) then please share!!!

630 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
RobbyDesigns says
I include a PDF file in the download usually. Make sure you’ll be using that template for help files for other items as well. :)

Thanks everyone, I’m over the moon with the feedback on this one. Just to clear it up, I didn’t go the PDF route because I am rubbish at making them (same as the problems experienced by ‘jeffeatworld’). I will of course use the same template for all my files and have the file work offline.

I will replace the preview with an image so if you’re reading this now the new link is: http://www.robbydesigns.com/zz-previewskeep/helpfilepreview.jpg

Thanks everyone :)

by
by
by
by
by
by