449 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
Final_Step says

Hello everyone, My projects have low sales although I don’t think their quality is so low.

Do you have any ideas of how I can change it ?

Thanks, Daniel.

4791 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
+5 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

Hi Daniel,

I think most authors who sell well have one breakthrough file. This draws attention to them.

Looking at your portfolio, I’d say that most of the files are available in a very similar form somewhere else on the market place. Imagine you’re a buyer and you can choose between two very similar files, one that 300 other people have bought and one that 0 other people have bought.

I’d suggest that what you need to do is produce something new and different. Perhaps look further afield for inspiration… print design media, photography or art maybe.

There is also risk involved in this approach. I wouldn’t look too hard at other Videohive projects.

The market is very different now to how it was a year ago. Many categories and styles are pretty much swamped with material. It’s time to think different.

-f.

717 posts All things are possible, for one who believes.
  • Elite Author
  • Canada
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+3 more
TimMcMorris says

Hey Daniel,

Though I’m not a VideoHive author I came across your post and thought I would make a suggestion.

With one of your upcoming projects, try to go above and beyond anything you have ever created….aim very high, maybe even to the point of a little frustration at first…force yourself to push your imagination to a new place. How you do that,...well it’s different for you then it is me, but the easiest way for me is to get “inspired”. What moves you to create? (other then money). Don’t just enjoy your next project, but become passionate. All these things will start to shine through your work and attract attention.

Study the portfolio’s of the top 5 sellers on Video Hive and try your best to match and even exceed their creativity, execution, delivery….even if they have skill sets that you may not, do the very best you can.

I don’t think your portfolio is bad, however there is nothing there that REALLY jumps out at me. Felt_tips is right in saying you need that one breakthrough file…so I would suggest keeping your focus on that idea, project after project, until it happens.

Hope that helps man!

-Tim

17 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
Amarama says

Hi Tim,

I really appreciate your thoughts man.

And your idea should work for everyone.

1502 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
cyzer says

How about this one ? “Multithemed Rounded Cube” in my profile. zero sales.. Whats wrong with that :) my thoughts that it is too short. What do you think ?

1100 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+2 more
SonicCube says

How about this one ? “Multithemed Rounded Cube” in my profile. zero sales.. Whats wrong with that :) my thoughts that it is too short. What do you think ?

Hello Cyzer

Yes, probably the moves are to fast and the video / photo placeholders are not displaied long enough ? Otherwise cool project.

1502 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
cyzer says

Hello Cyzer Yes, probably the moves are to fast and the video / photo placeholders are not displaied long enough ? Otherwise cool project.

thanks for your answer man ;) will fix it

by
by
by
by
by
by