3 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
elnaz848 says

Hi All,

I have spent lots of time (more than a month) to design my template but it got rejected 2 times. It is really discouraging and they have not provided any explanation. Does anyone know why this is happening? I appreciate any feedback. You can see the home preview here: http://edesigngroupus.com/projects/VIPLux/home.jpg
4377 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+6 more
Dzinc says

This thread is now in › Item Discussion

82 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
subwaymatch says

I understand you have spent lots of time and effort on designing the template. But there are lots of rooms for improvements. The main slider image doesn’t fit. The gray background is killing the design. Text inside the slider has weird composition and inconsistent spacing between the elements. Maybe remove the last line (“Use it for any business…”) and just keep the two? Blue border right below the slider and the blue box behind “Do you like this template? ...” paragraph creates dissonance. It would look better without the blue border. The headings with black backgrounds are visually too strong, not to mention the inconsistent horizontal/vertical padding (more horizontal padding than vertical). Try it without the black background. Also, the drop shadows below the images are too much. Using more than two levels of drop shadows is almost always a distraction. Also, keep the number of sponsors to 3~4 and try increasing the size of the logos. It’s too cramped in right now. Use arrows that do not stand out as much as right now, possibly a smaller size. The icons next to the headings in footer is too big, misaligned, and requires more spacing on the right. Overall, give more spacing to your elements to let them breathe. I kept on throwing out critiques, but keep up the good work 8-)

3 posts
elnaz848 says

Thank you. I do appreciate your reply. I will try your suggestions but except paddings, the other stuff are usually more personal choice :). I will revise this again and hopefully this time it gets approved. Thanks again for your help and great feedback.

82 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
subwaymatch says

Yes. Keep up the good work and hope to see the item out here soon! 8-)

59 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Little-Neko says

Agree with subwaymatch feedback + maybe you need to have a more clear/consistent/bold graphical concept, especially for PSD category. If you worked that long on the template, then best advice would be to stop for a while, doing something else, then come back to it with fresh eyes.

Good luck!

3 posts
elnaz848 says

Agree with subwaymatch feedback + maybe you need to have a more clear/consistent/bold graphical concept, especially for PSD category. If you worked that long on the template, then best advice would be to stop for a while, doing something else, then come back to it with fresh eyes. Good luck!

Thank you :) Appreciate your help. I really tried to focus on every possible detail but it seems like I missed a few :( I agree with you on stopping to work on it for a while. Maybe I start another template, who knows. Thanks though.

by
by
by
by
by
by