7 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
CeylonLabs says

Hi all, I’m new to Themeforest and my first item submission for Themeforest is rejected today.so I came here to take some advice from you guys. Pls tell me how to Improve this design or Should I start from the scratch.I really appreciate your helps. Thanks :)

The reviewer’s message:Unfortunately your submission Whitenova PSD Template isn’t quite ready for ThemeForest and requires significant improvements and changes before it can be resubmitted and reconsidered.

Additionally, we have some extra feedback for you:

Your template does not provide a unique enough design with the necessary design quality, features and options to compete in the marketplace at this time. As higher quality templates become available in the marketplace, approval requirements will increase to maintain appropriate marketplace quality.

You might consider improving your design with more unique features and graphics in order for it to stand out among other marketplace items. Adding features, options and styles will help increase your template’s value and increase its ability to be approved. However, a unique design will be a key factor for approval.

My submission: https://www.dropbox.com/s/etbvewh5c75kgbp/01.Homepage%20Style1.jpg https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9to945ymxrp6gt/03.Homepage%20Style3.jpg https://www.dropbox.com/s/igrl8hazf7ensiz/08.Blog%20Large.jpg

7 posts
CeylonLabs says

anyone.. pls?

278 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Vasterad says

Layout is too plain, design not enough unique. However it’s not bad start and can be improved so I wouldn’t start from scratch.

23 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
LTT_Webdesign says

It looks really nice, the problem being with PSD templates is that it contains no code, no special features, so you can’t add special little animations and such that make it stand out from the crowd.

So it has to be mind blowing, and yours is really good, but like it says it’s not unique enough so you’ll have to add your little spin onto it :)

7 posts
CeylonLabs says

Thank you very much Vasterad and LTT_Webdesign any other opinions guys?

2276 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
manuelvega says

its clean but simple , looks quite dated .. keep working on something more unique ..

7 posts
CeylonLabs says

its clean but simple , looks quite dated .. keep working on something more unique ..

Hi thanks for the reply. If you don’t mind I’d like to ask more details What Do you mean by more unique? Is that the typography,layout or site elements?

43 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
MegaThemes says

I think it’s too plain white, needs more grey probably.

unique = good color combination and execution of elements.

execution is ok but can be improved, in regards to colors, i think it needs a bit of grey.

where to put that grey? based on design layout.

also, the font and small line height bothers me.

173 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
kungfu-themes says

I agree the execution is great and your typography is really good.

But it is too bland and then needs to be more unique features to make it sell. Work on this.

7 posts
CeylonLabs says

Thanks for your feedback MegaThemes and kungfu-themes.I will add more unique items and improve my graphics. but guys can you tell me which items should I keep and which are don’t? PS: I used the same shadow effect in every elements that I can have(like all the photos,Icons,Tab items) Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

by
by
by
by
by
by