14 posts
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
mattbelecca says

My PSD template has been rejected, these are what I got from reviewers. Please take a minute to share your suggestions with me.
At the first time, I got this kind of rejection:

Unfortunately your submission Paperly Single Page PSD Template isn’t quite ready for ThemeForest and requires significant improvements and changes before it can be resubmitted and reconsidered.

Additionally, we have some extra feedback for you:

Unfortunately your submission doesn’t meet our current minimum quality requirements for the category it was submitted to. Please consider taking some time to familiarize yourself with our current library and quality levels of popular items before resubmitting

Then I did some improvements and re-submitted the template.
Second time, I got this kind of rejection:

Unfortunately your submission Paperly Single Page PSD Template isn’t quite ready for ThemeForest and requires significant improvements and changes before it can be resubmitted and reconsidered.

Additionally, we have some extra feedback for you:

Unfortunately your submission doesn’t meet our current minimum technical quality requirements for the category it was submitted to. Please consider taking some time to familiarize yourself with our current library and quality levels of popular items before resubmitting.

What does he mean by “technical quality requirements”? I’ve used guides, 960 grid, smart objects, layers, groups,.. etc for both submissions.

Template preview is here

Please be kind enough to give me a comment. What kind of things I should consider about before the next submission?

I’m sorry about my English.

Thanks in advance to all!

153 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
web20donkey says

IMHO it looks like you have to work more on the typography, spacing here and there, and try to polish the design a bit, and make it look more unique (it seems like you got a lot of inspiration from this template here http://themeforest.net/theme_previews/3898334-nature-psd-template?index=1 , but hey this is just my opinion :) )

Good luck, anyway.

14 posts
  • Exclusive Author
mattbelecca says

Thank you very much for the quick reply and much appreciated it. :)

2186 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Argentina
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
manuelvega says

if you took inspiration from that template you should notice the difference in terms of quality and aestheticism .. your theme looks plain & have no details ( important to PSD category )
Your nav menu its very attached give more padding
Blog section is too simple
Make more graphics elements
Beware with fonts and define some colors ..

14 posts
  • Exclusive Author
mattbelecca says

Yes, I’m totally agree with you friends. There are so many things to be changed on my psd. Thank you very much to all of you for taking your valuable time to teach me these things! Much appreciated it!

3 posts
philipe says

In my opinion, the quote icon did not fit well. The ‘prev’ and ‘next’ links are not too close to the last post? The post title is, for me, a little bit similar to the section title (blog), compromising the hierarchy. Social icons in About section, aren’t a little bit small?

That’s my suggestion, anybody agree?

by
by
by
by
by
by