• Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+6 more
XanderRock says

this thread belongs to that private group talk, man. :D
And it will be locked in 3, 2, ...

When I look at the right panel “Your Recent Threads” I realized almost all of them closed :)

6029 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

btw, I hope you already know about this thing. So there is already much efforts being spent :

http://activeden.net/forums/thread/freshkiller-lets-group-together-and-give-them-hell-/26349

843 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
marcfolio says

Sorry guys but, if you search your files at the day they approved on AD you will see all of them on pirate websites. Ofcourse preview files. Source files gets in their hand after a few days. I was fighting with them and getting them deleted but it doesnt work cause they just reupload like “filename2” or “filename3” and there is no stop of that I don’t think sales are dropping cause of it. But something is obvious Sales Are Dropping

I know my sales have dropped. I clearly saw a drop in sales this month, and the file on pirate site says it was uploaded March 8TH. @VF I know files have a shelf life, BUT my daily traffic for this file has increased compared to weeks past and sales for this file have slowed to nothing. I just don’t think it’s a coincident.

I’m pretty confident this is my first file to be pirated too. All my preview files are self contained and would require too much work to pirate.

2671 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Chuckanucka says

you are not losing any sales, because people who pirate would not pay for it anyway. It’s just part of doing business – all shops plan to lose a % of stock to thieves.

180 posts Enjoy!
+6 more
XanderRock says

Sorry guys but, if you search your files at the day they approved on AD you will see all of them on pirate websites. Ofcourse preview files. Source files gets in their hand after a few days. I was fighting with them and getting them deleted but it doesnt work cause they just reupload like “filename2” or “filename3” and there is no stop of that I don’t think sales are dropping cause of it. But something is obvious Sales Are Dropping
I know my sales have drop. I clearly saw a drop in sales this month, and the file on pirate site says it was uploaded March 8TH.

I don’t think its related with piracy. Look at the front page. Same files staying there more than 10 days. I think most of people dont visit AD anymore.. Check new files flag counts, numbers are so low

843 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
marcfolio says

I know my sales have drop. I clearly saw a drop in sales this month, and the file on pirate site says it was uploaded March 8TH.
I don’t think its related with piracy. Look at the front page. Same files staying there more than 10 days. I think most of people dont visit AD anymore.. Check new files flag counts, numbers are so low

Normally I would agree guys, but the numbers don’t lie.

Traffic is as good as any other month. Possible even better. And when I check google analytics new visitors are UP. It’s not just the same old viewing my file.

3725 posts Community Moderator
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Located in Netherlands
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
Joost Moderator says

Based on the chart above: it’s definitely no coincidence. Saying so would be ignorance. That peak at the 8th, which is exactly the upload date, is just too well-aligned. Has to be quite a network too, to double your views for a day :(

6029 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

^ Everyone got that peak traffic on that day due to Envato bundle or something. In that time, I noticed one kind of file sold better and remaining files are just stayed with average sales. Not sure what you guys pointing regarding this and sharing.

180 posts Enjoy!
+6 more
XanderRock says

Well I saw VF’s thread that says bundle improved sales. Or more like a research if it effected the same for everyone. So it could be the reason of that peak. And maybe now everyone having this “dropping sales” issue. I know I do but I don’t count myself cause I’m not a topseller. For me sales are “stopped” some 10 days ago.

by
by
by
by
by
by