2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Masterblank says

This is the second time that my script was rejected, and sincerely, I have no idea on why this is happened again. I think my script has all the numbers to be accepted in the Codecanyion marketplace. If for some reason unknown to me, someone rejects for 2 times my job, which in my opinion has no problems and cost me many days of work, I think Codecanyon should rely on the most competent (and most important, not anonimous reviewers) in order to evaluate the work of others webmasters. I have many years of experience on programming, and I feel extremely humiliated for what is happening.

This is the reason for which my script has been rejected a second time:

And as I mentioned, you need to provide better examples of how this can be used in real life. Maybe provide an option to display a banner/splash page with the animation and then redirect after a set time? Right now, a countdown with some snow falling and an animation of sleds looks nice but has zero real world use as buyers will want to integrate this with their own content instead of buying a fancy countdown page.

I kindly ask anyone willing to do so, to take a look at the demo

http://goldwebonline.info/programs/MerryChristmas/

- documentation and code generator:

http://goldwebonline.info/programs/MerryChristmas/MegaXmas/docs/

At this point, I will be glad to give it, for free, to anyone who asks for it publicly.

Money is not everything in life.

best wishes to all you.

3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
adamantium says

Hi,

I think your script gets rejected because it is not so good looking. When I first saw it I though It looks so old. Like 10 year old site. I personnaly would never buy it for my site.

Maybe the reviewer though the same or maybe not.

This is only my opinion, others can see this diferently.

196 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+12 more
Crusader12 Envato team says

I don’t think it looks old and the script seems to be running fine. I’m finding it difficult to think of a good place to use it. It looks like an entire webpage layout? Are visitors supposed to bypass this page to get into the website. The script is running good and CodeCanyon is a little more flexible when it comes to design – I think it’s a usage. Maybe if you turned it into a smaller, self-contained “widget”?

2 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Canada
nexia says

first, even before looking at your script, you have a looser attitude, which is not good.

“i had hard time doing it, now take it for free, money is not important…”

so, why complain ?! two times rejected? that’s it?

you compare your work to be reviewed by the best coders for better evaluations, but did you do it yourself, reviewing others work here? did you compare your work with others of the same level ?!

personally, i would not buy your script, even use it for free… there are a load of other christmas javascripts that do exactly the same thing, without the olderish style. snow, countdown and christmas music is so 2000 when people discovered flash…

you can’t take negative reviews, you’re certainly in the wrong place. already you have only a small % of profits from each sales here, if you really want to be reviewed positively, you need to go to a place where people have less expectations… this site is for pros!

2 posts
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
Masterblank says

old style…, old style…, what’s wrong with the old style? I designed this way my script because I love this style which in my opinion is the most suitable to represent Christmas. However, I decided to move my work on another marketplace. that is all.

445 posts here for love
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+7 more
nCrafts says

The reviewer gave a very apt reason for rejecting your script. I completely second him, and most of the people above. Your product isn’t very appealing. And yes, customization would be a problem. You should look at rejection as a chance to improve. My script was rejected thrice before getting accepted. And I am thankful to the reviewers for rejecting my script, because it gave me a chance to make big improvements (which, in turn, helped me)

196 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+12 more
Crusader12 Envato team says

@Masterblank, pay no attention to anyone here. While this site is a “place for pros” and some may feel your item looks “dated and in an old style” – don’t focus on that. Just focus on taking the reviewers advice to perfect your item and make it better. This community is here to help each other, and without any help from others we wouldn’t grow as designers and coders. There are a lot of simple scripts out there – and writing code is only half the art – presenting it and marketing it properly is the other half – something that many CodeCanyon authors struggle with.

Wherever you decide to market this item, you’ll most likely have difficulty selling it, but not for quality reasons. The reviewers are professionals and are giving you some solid advice to improve the viability of your item.

Again, usability is a factor. You’ve thought out so many angles of the coding process, but you’ve left out the user. How is the user going to use your item to add something special to their site? Is your item going to be a must-have?

Put yourself in the position of the buyer, and ask yourself – do I want to buy this item so I can display a splash page on my website for a month? A splash page that may do nothing aside from annoy my visitors? There’s nothing wrong with your coding, just your approach. There are 2 main problems: 1) It will be annoying as a splash page… there’s a reason you don’t see those anymore. 2) The functionality is somewhat limited… a countdown.

That’s why I recommended building this into a widget, or a small banner – solves the first problem. As a widget or banner, a lot of websites would have a seasonal use for this! Adding functionality is a simple matter a providing a second scenario for the plugin – perhaps instead of a counter they could showcase an image with a link… such as a product to purchase? That increases the value of the plugin quite a bit. Now a buyer is getting a banner that they can easily install, and display either a countdown to Christmas, or a featured Christmas product with animations to draw peoples attention. You could even get tricky and alternate between the two, or create a slideshow of products, etc.

Anyway, the plugin isn’t a lost cause, but just needs a little modification – and these modifications do nothing but guarantee a better chance of selling :)

by
by
by
by
by
by