7 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in United States
girlinparis says

Hi. I’ve been in the industry for going on 12 years now and while my work isn’t the best out there by any means, it is quality work. This week I have submitted two items for my GR store, both were rejected. I don’t mind doing the extra work needed to get them ready for the marketplace, but GR doesn’t tell me what is wrong with them. Just their standard “isn’t ready for GraphicRiver and cannot be resubmitted as it did not meet our minimum requirements for quality and/or marketplace policies.” But no way of knowing how or what is wrong. I followed all the policies and while I have seen a couple other items similar to mine, none had all the features as mine did or the flexibility to use in multiple programs. I have also seen, just for the record, TONS of iphone and tablet mockups going up in the store every day. So the fact that there are about 5 other items like mine can’t be the real reason it was rejected. I just wish there was a way to know how to get my item up or what it was rejected for exactly. Anyone else having or has had this issue or have any helpful suggestions? Thanks.

7 posts
girlinparis says

I have been a buyer for years and have spent hundreds of dollars here. I am new to selling, gonna read the downloadable tutorial pack again.

476 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
LuisFaus says

We all have had that experience,and while many of us have been in the industry for a long while we been designing for clients in particular and not clients in general. And that is mainly the point of what will get accepted and what wouldn’t because its not of general interest.

However, posting a link to an image of the items rejected in item discussion section, I am sure many authors like me will be willing to give you constructive criticism and further direction to get you approved and ready.

3723 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred more than 5000 members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+8 more
quickandeasy says

Moved to Item Discussion.

7 posts
girlinparis says

That would be great and very appreciated. So glad to hear I’m not the only one! Here is a link to the item that was last rejected. It is a mock-up of a packaging bag. The design areas and chips are all smart objects that are changeable. Along with the background and floor of course. I submitted a file that contained all layered PSD and a folder for regular PS users and extended PS users. The extended includes the bags as 3D editable layers. All layers are editable in both folders and the bags can stand alone with or without the open bag and/or items.

Perhaps it is the lighting/shadow/reflection that was not liked or perhaps the lack of detail in the zoomed in seams of the bag? I don’t mind working better/harder on my submissions, I just wish I knew what direction to go. So…that being said….here is the link and I soooo appreciate any/all feedback anyone here has. Feedback has always made me a better designer/artist. http://www.girlinparis.com/GR/chipbagscene.png The preview image is on here too in the same directly.

7 posts
girlinparis says

In looking at it again I can see where there is a huge lack of detail that could be added to the bags, both open and closed and to the chips. I guess I looked at it for so long teaching myself how to use the 3D features in PS this week that I didn’t even see it before. A little embarrassing lol.

476 posts
+3 more
LuisFaus says

Well, you mostly said it all yourself. Also the background floor is not in the same perspective as the bags, the background its not very realistic, the chips cut out is quite jagged, and the shadows doesn’t match. etc..

When doing something -a design – you need to leave it for a while and come back to it and what you really initially liked you will see that there are flaws to be fixed. Once you return and think that there isn’t any other problems, its the time to ask to other people for their constructive criticism. Then you can refine your work until you and the rest of the people you asked to gave you the thumbs up.

After a while, when you dominate the subject at hand in the most perfectionist way, then you would not need anybody else’s help. Since you will know it is right.

7 posts
girlinparis says

Thank you for taking your time to read and reply. I will revisit the mock-up and work harder.

476 posts
+3 more
LuisFaus says

You very welcome. Glad to help.

82 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
graphicstall says

improve background because that is look too flat :) and learn about light and shading :)

by
by
by
by
by
by