168 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
Decneo says

Here is my theme : http://www.multipixels.net/wordpress/omnim/

reviewer said the same answer: The overall quality of your submission does not meet our standard technical requirements

Please review it please.

57 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+2 more
dorbens says

Hey there @Decneo,

I just wanted to tell you this –
When your submission gets rejected, stay positive. Because even though it might be difficult for you to see this at first, but eventually you gain A-LOT of experience (not to mention that your submission isn’t just a couple of PSD files). This is critical, so do-not ever give up.

I hope I helped, somehow. Best of luck! ( :

reviewer said the same answer: The overall quality of your submission does not meet our standard technical requirements

Please review it please.
168 posts
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
Decneo says

Hey there @Decneo,

I just wanted to tell you this –
When your submission gets rejected, stay positive. Because even though it might be difficult for you to see this at first, but eventually you gain A-LOT of experience (not to mention that your submission isn’t just a couple of PSD files). This is critical, so do-not ever give up.

I hope I helped, somehow. Best of luck! ( :

Please review it please.

Thank you dorbens. :)

470 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
virtuti says

Hello Decneo, what is wrong in your template from my point of view:

1) overall design is a little bit dated. I know this scheme is still popular among people (popular+people-what a weird combination of same words:)) but TF is not right place for this type of design. Uber-modern approach is in favour here. What do I mean? a) tiled boring background, b) heavy gradients–1) on the corner and by the way corner itself is quite ancient element, on text (“next” on corner for example), 2) on Twitter base, 3) on To The Top button, c) harsh shadows, d) layout scheme (it was used, reused, overused quite million times), e) dividers on footer and more things.

2) Colours: boring.

3) Typography: justified text is never justified to be applied. Font-size is tiny, hard to read, choice of typefaces could be better.

4) Technical things: why App store icon means Graphic Design in your template? Images on single blog: 1) shadows under image is an overused element, and if it is a thumb it should open a big photo in a new window–if a big image is of the same size as a thumbnail–then what is sense in the enlarge option? Slider controls on home page are hidden and visible only on hover, but go guess they are there…–usability and comfort are forgotten. Line-heigh for text/or slogan above Join Us button is not good, requires to be decreased. Button itself is not attractive.

I understand I brought you the whole bunch of “no”, “not good”, “needs improvement” but you asked for review, I hope you accept my notes positively.

Best wishes!

168 posts
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
Decneo says

Hello Decneo, what is wrong in your template from my point of view:

1) overall design is a little bit dated. I know this scheme is still popular among people (popular+people-what a weird combination of same words:)) but TF is not right place for this type of design. Uber-modern approach is in favour here. What do I mean? a) tiled boring background, b) heavy gradients–1) on the corner and by the way corner itself is quite ancient element, on text (“next” on corner for example), 2) on Twitter base, 3) on To The Top button, c) harsh shadows, d) layout scheme (it was used, reused, overused quite million times), e) dividers on footer and more things.

2) Colours: boring.

3) Typography: justified text is never justified to be applied. Font-size is tiny, hard to read, choice of typefaces could be better.

4) Technical things: why App store icon means Graphic Design in your template? Images on single blog: 1) shadows under image is an overused element, and if it is a thumb it should open a big photo in a new window–if a big image is of the same size as a thumbnail–then what is sense in the enlarge option? Slider controls on home page are hidden and visible only on hover, but go guess they are there…–usability and comfort are forgotten. Line-heigh for text/or slogan above Join Us button is not good, requires to be decreased. Button itself is not attractive.

I understand I brought you the whole bunch of “no”, “not good”, “needs improvement” but you asked for review, I hope you accept my notes positively.

Best wishes!

Thank you very much virtuti,I like your reviewed that’s mean I have a lot of things to improve :) but I don’t understand some of you said : - Uber-modern ? what’s type of it,sorry I did’t get it. - choice of typefaces could be better ? which font I have to use it.

I have to change my twitter base,right?

for your question :

+ why App store icon means Graphic Design in your template? I thought I just use for example, is it wrong to use wrong icon?

+ if a big image is of the same size as a thumbnail–then what is sense in the enlarge option? this one is also I just use the same image for demo view :) ,it should larger for preview?

Thank you again I will improve it as your advise.

Best regards, Decneo

williamhenrygates
williamhenrygates Recent Posts Threads Started
26 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
williamhenrygates says

Get some help from Color pallet , available online.

Work On Some Typography,as Virtuti Said.

Improve Design ,take some inspiration from online showcases as available at smashing-magazine, noupe, etc, sites or blogs.

Hope it may Help :)

Happy Designing Stay Fit :)

470 posts
+3 more
virtuti says

Thank you very much virtuti,I like your reviewed that’s mean I have a lot of things to improve :) but I don’t understand some of you said : - Uber-modern ? what’s type of it,sorry I did’t get it. - choice of typefaces could be better ? which font I have to use it.

for your question :

+ why App store icon means Graphic Design in your template? I thought I just use for example, is it wrong to use wrong icon?

+ if a big image is of the same size as a thumbnail–then what is sense in the enlarge option? this one is also I just use the same image for demo view :) ,it should larger for preview?

Best regards, Decneo
Not thank at all. I mean that way of thinking in design should be very fresh and contemporary to be accepted here, because this is what ThemeForest is looking for. Things that were nice and fresh 2-3 years ago are not interesting anymore. TF is looking for something that can be a good contribution to design art of today, not of yesterday. Novel thought, idea, concept–anything that can amaze and admire “spoilt” populus. I mean of course usable and pragmatic design, not a set of just hot entertaining effects and loud graphics. And this is what your template currently is lacking–original idea, state-of-the-art concept. Yes, I understand, it is just a template, it is not a piece of art and still… just a template can be a piece of art too.

About typefaces–absolutely tricky thing. To find a perfect set of typefaces is not that easy as it seems at a first glance. It can be a matter of hours of monotonous job–find, try, delete, find, try, delete. And every time it is individual choice for individual project. Fonts bring mood, each template has its own mood and same set of fonts correctly chosen for one template may occur to be totally wrong for another one. Try this: http://designshack.net/articles/typography/10-more-great-google-font-combinations-you-can-copy/ Some good combinations are there.

Nothing wrong is with a wrong icon, simply it looks wrong:))) I think that even in case of template (which will be edited, changed, adjusted and razed to the ground by a customer) it is correct to be as real as possible. I mean if a heading says about telephone there should be a telephone icon nearby, even if a customer will change the heading and icon to something different, so what?... our task is to show all live and real, as if template is not a template but a real website. Same about photos, it is simply wrong from the point of view of logics–if there is an option to enlarge the image, small image and large image cannot be of the same size, otherwise it is illogical and odd…

What an opus I wrote…:)))

168 posts
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
Decneo says

Get some help from Color pallet , available online.

Work On Some Typography,as Virtuti Said.

Improve Design ,take some inspiration from online showcases as available at smashing-magazine, noupe, etc, sites or blogs.

Hope it may Help :)

Happy Designing Stay Fit :)

Thank you williamhenrygates for your comment it helps me.thank you.

168 posts
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
Decneo says

for your question :

Best regards, Decneo
Not thank at all. I mean that way of thinking in design should be very fresh and contemporary to be accepted here, because this is what ThemeForest is looking for. Things that were nice and fresh 2-3 years ago are not interesting anymore. TF is looking for something that can be a good contribution to design art of today, not of yesterday. Novel thought, idea, concept–anything that can amaze and admire “spoilt” populus. I mean of course usable and pragmatic design, not a set of just hot entertaining effects and loud graphics. And this is what your template currently is lacking–original idea, state-of-the-art concept. Yes, I understand, it is just a template, it is not a piece of art and still… just a template can be a piece of art too.

About typefaces–absolutely tricky thing. To find a perfect set of typefaces is not that easy as it seems at a first glance. It can be a matter of hours of monotonous job–find, try, delete, find, try, delete. And every time it is individual choice for individual project. Fonts bring mood, each template has its own mood and same set of fonts correctly chosen for one template may occur to be totally wrong for another one. Try this: http://designshack.net/articles/typography/10-more-great-google-font-combinations-you-can-copy/ Some good combinations are there.

Nothing wrong is with a wrong icon, simply it looks wrong:))) I think that even in case of template (which will be edited, changed, adjusted and razed to the ground by a customer) it is correct to be as real as possible. I mean if a heading says about telephone there should be a telephone icon nearby, even if a customer will change the heading and icon to something different, so what?... our task is to show all live and real, as if template is not a template but a real website. Same about photos, it is simply wrong from the point of view of logics–if there is an option to enlarge the image, small image and large image cannot be of the same size, otherwise it is illogical and odd…

What an opus I wrote…:)))

Nice explain I thought I got what you’ve mean now, and I’m refreshing my idea now. :) I will improve it and will let you know.

virtuti , Could I get your E-mail?

470 posts
+3 more
virtuti says

Simply write me via profile, I shall return an email back and you will see my email address (I do not want to publish it here:))

by
by
by
by
by
by