14 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in India
misterromeo says

I’m being as a envato user for more than 2 years. But I’m a new author here. I recently submitted a WordPress theme. But that theme got rejected.

This is what the reviewer said

The overall quality of your submission does not meet our aesthetic and technical requirements and will need to be improved before being resubmitted. Unfortunately we’re not able to provide more specific feedback for your submission at this time. Please consider taking some time to familiarise yourself with our current library and quality levels of popular items before resubmitting.

Honestly, that message not helping me at all ( Does it? ).

I mean whats wrong with that reviewer? This is my first item. So yes I might have been made some mistakes. But at least he should have explained why my item got rejected.

I visit themeforest often. So obviously I know how themeforest stuff work.

Unfortunately we’re not able to provide more specific feedback for your submission at this time.

Thats more like saying

“You don’t belong here. GTFO”..

3610 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

Post a link to your theme so you can get feedback. I’m sure your theme is pretty bad if you got that generic message. But don’t worry, you can get feedback from others, work to make your theme better, and try again :)

14 posts
  • Located in India
misterromeo says

Post a link to your theme so you can get feedback. I’m sure your theme is pretty bad if you got that generic message. But don’t worry, you can get feedback from others, work to make your theme better, and try again :)

Yes but how do I know if that’s a PHP related mistake?

80 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
urbanray says

Yes but how do I know if that’s a PHP related mistake?

As RubenBristian said you should post the url to get any feedback from others. Regarding the PHP errors, you should check your theme using WordPress plugins such as ThemeCheck and debugger, if it does not show any warning then it should be fine.

750 posts Theme20.com
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+9 more
T20 says

please post a link from your theme, Meanwhile Is better post This issue in item-discussion

3906 posts
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
  • Nominated Community Superstar of the month
+1 more
charlie4282 says

The others are right – given the generic feedback it is likely to be a little more than just a PHP issue.

You are going to get the best result, feedback and opportunity to learn from posting the link. Look forward to it.

954 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
aleluja says

That almost always means that design is not good enough.

14 posts
  • Located in India
misterromeo says

Here is my demo page link http://misterromeo.com/white/

816 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
Dream-Theme says

Sorry for saying it, but that is not premium-grade template. All basic design principals are ignored. Demo content looks untidy/ignorantly (sorry again).

You will not earn anything here by adding couple of images and “mrromeo on Sample blog post 2 mrromeo on Sample blog post 2 mrromeo on Sample blog post 2 mrromeo on Sample blog post 2” to bootstrap. Sorry :(

563 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Slovakia
+3 more
LubosVolovar says

It is not that bad, but definitely not that good to be accepted. There is nothing special about it, add some colors, sharpen up typography and make it little more pixel perfect.

Instead of those “728×90” or whatever placeholder images you should use some real images. Even that it is just a demo, content should look little more “real”.

But best advice I can give to you is to give it a break for a day or two, browse some other themes here or on other creative sites and then come back to your design and you should see why it got rejected.

Don’t give up

by
by
by
by
by
by