9 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
RoyalwpThemes says

HelloI sent my theme, and was rejected due to:

Your template does not provide the necessary design quality to compete in the marketplace at this time and it will need significant improvements before it’ll be ready for sale. As higher quality designs become available in the marketplace, approval requirements will increase to maintain appropriate marketplace quality.

You might consider taking a look at some of our popular premium items to get a better idea for the quality level of graphics, typography and general design that we require for approval.

I do not think my theme is bad are made and what it has a bad design. I am well acquainted with the themes of the same topic and I do not think my theme is not really so beautiful compared with them.

I have not explained what exactly the reason, ie I need to fix fact that is not enough good quality – it is simply absurd, because the quality is not inferior to other themes topics “News” ...

Demo: http://royalwpthemes.com/cityvision/

What do you advise me in this situation?

812 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
iamthwee says

Quality doesn’t just stretch to whether the theme looks good and has all the eye candy.

It extends to if it is programmed well. Is each element coded well and easy for the end user to change manipulate. Does it integrate well with the wordpress backend?

What other features do you need? How about a portfolio. It’s kinda bog standard now? Do you have one?

276 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
Kopyov says

Work more on typography and paddings, now it looks like different content placed inside one block without overall separation. But anyway i believe it has potential.

And try to use standard fonts for the content, like Arial. For headings it doesn’t matter

1525 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

It isn’t about spacing and padding, themeforest has become very “hardcore” on design and uniqness and since different kind of styles are used all the time, i gues it’s going to be harder and harder to get in. But still i am an optimist :)

276 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
+6 more
Kopyov says

Ah come on, there are lots of similar themes, the same themes are getting accepted here, so the chance always exists ;)

9 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
RoyalwpThemes says

Thanks for the advice, I’ll try to improve the theme but I think that’s not the fonts, headings, or portfolios, business in the overall design concept of theme as on the TF already has similar themes. TF very much raised the standards in my view and new authors will now be difficult to get here, if they wanted (: This is my second theme, the first nothing happened after lengthy discussions with the support of, well, thinking that lucky on the second try, I really worked hard on theme and really want to my theme accepted, I had already spent a lot of time and again get a rejection , and without any explanation, just write that: “Your template does not provide the necessary design quality” – it just puts me into a dead end, still write that TF helps new authors :)

Atleast call a few specific reasons that I need to change the headers, background, or something else … but TF just do not want to collaborate and write standard honed phrases …

Do you think this theme has a bad design to get on the TF?

215 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
volumens says

Hi, you have a good start. This are my suggestions:

The line-height is to stretch and it changes to much along the page.

It would look nicer with a logo instead of just plain text.

Im not a fan of the font you used for the headings and also the featured slider in the bottom should go somewhere in the top of the page.

by
by
by
by
by
by