6 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
Donnyale says

@organicbeemedia—thank you! Okay, doing that now. Sorry for being such a neophyte!

6 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
Donnyale says

@organicbeemedia—thank you! Okay, doing that now. Sorry for being such a neophyte!

7 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
jacqulynh says

Thanks so much for this thread; this is the most help I’ve found! I’m struggling with the same issue. Once the folder is unzipped, how do you know which of the files are theme files and which aren’t? Also, how do you zip the files back up? (Sorry, I’m a neophyte as well and I’m trying to keep from having to use FTP as I have even less knowledge/understanding of that system than I have of this one.) Your guidance will be greatly appreciated.

2579 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
ThemeProvince says
jacqulynh said
Thanks so much for this thread; this is the most help I’ve found! I’m struggling with the same issue. Once the folder is unzipped, how do you know which of the files are theme files and which aren’t? Also, how do you zip the files back up? (Sorry, I’m a neophyte as well and I’m trying to keep from having to use FTP as I have even less knowledge/understanding of that system than I have of this one.) Your guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Find a folder that has the name of the theme. For example if you purchased my village theme you would zip up the village folder.

2 posts
janaheinlein says

Dear Theme Forest Team, Hello Everybody,

I had problems uploading the Zip-File of the theme “motion picture”. So I unzipped the original Zip I downloaded and found the folder “motion picture” (which I figured was the theme folder within the the entire package), zipped it and uploaded it. Wordpress actually did upload the theme but when I wanted to activate it I received the following note:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function wp_get_themes() in /mnt/webd/d0/17/52597417/htdocs/WordPress_01/wp-content/themes/motionpicture/ocmx/interface/welcome.php on line 5

Now I don’t have any idea what o do with this – is there any advice? I would truly appreciate any kind of help here.

Thank you & Best Wishes!

4377 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+6 more
Dzinc says
^ Hi janaheinlein, please follow the steps below, or watch the screencast here.

1. Download the final zip file from your downloads page.
  2. Unzip the final zip file; you should now have a final download folder.
  3. Do NOT upload the final download folder. Open up the final download folder.
  4. Browse the contents and find the actual theme folder. If you look inside the theme folder, you will see a “style.css” file. This is how you know you have found the theme folder.
  5. Using an FTP client, upload ONLY the theme folder to your “wp-content/themes” folder
  6. Login to your WordPress admin panel and activate the theme.

Please let us know if you succeed. Good luck.
2 posts
janaheinlein says

Thank you very much! Despite the error note everything installed okay!

But I have the following problem – it seems that the home page 2-column widget doesn’t work correctly. On the home page all the videos in my “Documentaries” Category are listed in one column – not in two: http://janaheinlein.de/

Sorry, maybe it is a simple mistake on my side, but as there is only an option for 4 or two-columns I don’t know how to possibly fix this.

Thank you very much!

^ Hi janaheinlein, please follow the steps below, or watch the screencast here.

1. Download the final zip file from your downloads page.
  2. Unzip the final zip file; you should now have a final download folder.
  3. Do NOT upload the final download folder. Open up the final download folder.
  4. Browse the contents and find the actual theme folder. If you look inside the theme folder, you will see a “style.css” file. This is how you know you have found the theme folder.
  5. Using an FTP client, upload ONLY the theme folder to your “wp-content/themes” folder
  6. Login to your WordPress admin panel and activate the theme.

Please let us know if you succeed. Good luck.
4377 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+6 more
Dzinc says

^ Hi again Jana, the appropriate support forum for the theme you’ve purchased can be found here.

Or, you can interact directly with the author here. The link takes you to the item’s Comments section, where you can also browse previous posts for additional information and/or theme specific troubleshooting.

Just leave the author a quick comment and he’ll gladly point you in the right direction. Good luck!

2 posts
youyouyou says

Hi I just bought a Themeforest template and Im trying to upload it into wordpress>tools>import>wordpress But since it was downloaded into my MAC as a file: arc-wp (and not as a .zip!!) I cannot select it all to get installed into my wp!! what am I doing wrong? thanks!!

1479 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
OriginalEXE says

Hi I just bought a Themeforest template and Im trying to upload it into wordpress>tools>import>wordpress But since it was downloaded into my MAC as a file: arc-wp (and not as a .zip!!) I cannot select it all to get installed into my wp!! what am I doing wrong? thanks!!

Weird. Did you try manually renaming the file and add .zip extension to it?

by
by
by
by
by
by