140 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
weblusive says

Please stop accusing me. Whether I have violated a copyright or not is subjective to one’s own judgement and perception. Just that I have not filed a counter DMCA in order to avoid delays and in hope to find a negotiable way out, does not make me an accused.
I’m not accusing you it’s fact your file got taken down because of copyright violations if there werent the file would still up

I don’t think that repeating the same thing 100 times will make anyone feel better. Sorry man, but i don’t find your attitude friendly at all. The person is in bad situation and if you can’t help him, feel free to keep your opinion to yourself, this is sometimes the best decision. How would you like it if you were in his place and someone treated you the same manner as you do? Trying to be more tolerant has never hurt anyone.

3118 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
chrisakelley says

Please stop accusing me. Whether I have violated a copyright or not is subjective to one’s own judgement and perception. Just that I have not filed a counter DMCA in order to avoid delays and in hope to find a negotiable way out, does not make me an accused.
I’m not accusing you it’s fact your file got taken down because of copyright violations if there werent the file would still up
I don’t think that repeating the same thing 100 times will make anyone feel better. Sorry man, but i don’t find your attitude friendly at all. The person is in bad situation and if you can’t help him, feel free to keep your opinion to yourself, this is sometimes the best decision. How would you like it if you were in his place and someone treated you the same manner as you do? Trying to be more tolerant has never hurt anyone.

Ive posted twice in this thread telling him to calm down because sending multiple support request won’t speed things up… his file was a legitimate copy of the design hence why it got a DCMA in the first place if not he should be fighting it not bowing to it….. I wouldnt be in his position because I don’t copy other people’s work and then deny it…. I’m more tolerant and helpful than anyone on theses forums sorry for having opinion for once

22 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
wpavatar says

...his file was a legitimate copy of the design hence why it got a DCMA in the first place if not he should be fighting it not bowing to it….. I wouldnt be in his position because I don’t copy other people’s work and then deny it…. I’m more tolerant and helpful than anyone on theses forums sorry for having opinion for once

As per my opinion, this case is quite analogous to a situation where a DMCA notice would be sent to adobe for Photoshop. Because it lets you use the custom shapes like circles, stars, arrows and frames in your work.

My theme is the same way gives the user an option to choose between inclined rows, horizontal rows, transparent rows, semi transparent rows, highlighted blocks and much more to enhance one’s website. The design in concern here is not the theme itself, that design is rather created by the theme, as you would create your own lovely graphics using custom shapes in Photoshop.

I have not filed a counter claim, just so that the matter may be resolved quickly by simply taking out the content that is subjected to the claim. Here is the link http://wiki.envato.com/selling/copyright-selling/a-dmca-takedown-notice-has-been-issued-against-my-item-what-does-this-mean/

And, yes I admit, I am a bit out of patience because there is a lots at stake for me professionally and personally because of just this one item.

I am just looking forward to receive a reply about the possible options from the themeforest staff for an easy resolution. If not, I do have my counter DMCA notification being formatted as well.

So kindly, don’t judge me.

1947 posts Do the Needful
  • Envato Staff
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Support Staff
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+7 more
JamiGibbs Staff says

I think this thread has run its course so I’m going to lock it now.

wpavatar,

If you haven’t already, simply reply back to the email that was sent to you by support. Opening multiple tickets or forum threads will not help the process move any faster.

by
by
by
by
by
by