• Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Mongolia
Nefos says
http://videohive.net/item/3d-elegantglass-logo-levels/3869148
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euOHBHc4Q-4

My this item removed. Why.? I dont understand… Some one tell me Please…

39 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Moldova', Republic of
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
Nullifier says

Feel sorry for you, bro :( definetly new bestseller. Maybe because it was similar to that layered style logo reveal, from top selling items? But i’m sure u shoud contact staff about that.

50 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Mongolia
Nefos says
Some one said. My project is Like a Muko’s “Logo 3D Levels”
http://videohive.net/item/logo-3d-levels/2344295

I think its different. reflection, levels, floor, shadow, camera position, flare and +Glass Effect etc…. but why Envato remove my item.? Please tell me. To into details….

93 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
RMdeJong says

Best thing to do is to contact support. I don’t know if they’ve send you an email about this, if so maybe you can respond to that.

1513 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
cyzer says

it was like updated version of that item. You even made identical preview imgage. Probably someone reported it. The logo levels seemed to be very similarly placed.

I liked your project better though. Sad, probably I would have bought it if I would need a corporate logo animation. But yeah, it had many similarities to the original leveled logo. Why would you make same image prieview I don’t get it :)))

339 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
StencilMedia says

I think yours is a lot better than the other one, but it’s VERY similar! You’ve even used the same music in your preview.

As for the differences between the two… you can take a picture of Burt Reynolds and alter the background, remove his mustache, change his shirt and colour his hair… but it’s still a picture of Burt Reynolds!

1044 posts inlifethrill
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bulgaria
+5 more
InlifeThrill says

I think yours is a lot better than the other one, but it’s VERY similar! You’ve even used the same music in your preview. As for the differences between the two… you can take a picture of Burt Reynolds and alter the background, remove his mustache, change his shirt and colour his hair… but it’s still a picture of Burt Reynolds!

A very valid example.

1513 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
cyzer says

Very good lesson :) and very nice step forward from envato in encouraging on making unique items.

Love it.

319 posts UnitedMotions
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
+3 more
Balistique says

Very good lesson :) and very nice step forward from envato in encouraging on making unique items. Love it.
Yes, Envato protect us from these … Like Golden Buddha and many more…
4795 posts
  • Community Superstar
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+6 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

I disagree. I think this one’s a bad decision, actually, and sends out a confused signal.

If it was a copy and paste job from the original, then fair enough, I suppose, and only someone who’s had a look inside the file could know that.

But saying that that’s a copy is like saying that extrusion, reflection and specular highlights is now a copyrightable asset. It was well done and aesthetically different from the original and the sales showed there was a demand on the market place too. Removing files like this forces authors into an aesthetic of adding. Minimalism on the Hive will become a question of staking your turf and getting there first. Bad, bad, bad.

What’s more, I don’t know if these files use the script, but considering that you can knock the technical part of a file like this up in a couple of minutes using 3D Extruder, it seems a bit rich for authors to be squabbling amongst themselves about who thought of it first. And incidentally, if 3D Extruder had been used on both files, then the structure inside the project would look almost identical.

I don’t doubt that nefos created his project with the original file in mind, in order to cash in on sales. Naming the file after the original is a dead giveaway. Using the same music is downright naive, and perhaps it deserves to be chucked off the marketplace for that alone.

But, music and intent aside, I think that this does actually achieve taking the visual principle further.

My 2c.

by
by
by
by
by
by