• Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

I got mail. Attached pdf:
Sender lnformation: Details removed
hehe… Muko Reported me… My item only disabled. Now how to Enable my item.? Please help.

don’t know how you can enable the item but if you got a DMCA takedown notice then you can find more info about it here

http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/115
5084 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+11 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

Now how to Enable my item.

Change the name, change the music, make it look different and if you poached anything internally from the other file, then go back and re-create it yourself?

50 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+4 more
Nefos says

Now how to Enable my item.
Change the name, change the music, make it look different and if you poached anything internally from the other file, then go back and re-create it yourself?

So make & upload again .? or Disabled project edit.? Thank you “felt_tips” :)

1614 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Won a competition
+8 more
cyzer says

Look there is 3 dry facts: same music, same name, identical preview image style and placing. No further investigations needed to remove it. It is copying a style of existing product presentation and advertising with a subliminal idea that’s it is same but better.

All you need to do is change those three things. And maybe you should change some looks inside the animation. Anyway great awesome job Nefos. I realy loved it.

117 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
WilQ5 says

I think in this case muko is the main guy who could do this because ethically for me its not fair to report you because i dont know your file source either mukos file source but i only can tell that it looked simmiliar very much so no ofence to that, but also it really looked good this no one can argue with…. I guess muko don’t want no competition… I think the only way to bring back the file is to prove difference from the mukos file… maybe by comparing the source files but the idea were very simmiliar . Also i think it depends from wich side you look if you look at this project as an update than yes only muko can update his files… but if you look at it as a new project you can see totally different story . I think envato support should make some statement about the techniques we authors use because these two files are simmilia because of the technique . If envato will say that no one can use multi extrude exept muko.. than thats it… but we all now that its not fair to take over full control over the technique i think if you would did the whole animation in different manner this wouldint be happening right now. i hope some will get my point here. :) There is a good example with cyzer project it is also multi extruded but it has much more different animation textures and a lot of stuff going on and from the preview image you can see that there is a hudge attention to new detail .

I got mail. Attached pdf:
Sender lnformation: Details removed
hehe… Muko Reported me… My item only disabled. Now how to Enable my item.? Please help.
30 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
TrooperFX says

Its not about the technique, its about the look.

Lets look at it like this:

A musician produces a song and gets famous with it, now it isnt wrong to make a song with the same genre, but it IS wrong to make a song that sounds extremely similar e.g. in the way the melody sounds. Companies would immediately sue the other musician, if his track sounds too similar to the one of their musician.

In this case the musician would be the author, the genre would be the “minimalistic 3d extruded logo”, and the company is videohive.

I think Muko reported it for a reason, and i also think Videohive did it. Muko probably bought the file and checked if it was similar to his file-setup. He reported it to the Staff and they decided that this item was too similar, so they removed it.

I remember we had an intensive disccusion about the same topic a few days ago, where we came to the final conclusion:

Stop crying, keep working – and make something new and original!

130 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
maupa says

Hi there,

sorry, but for me it is also a copy! The problem I see here is, that if envato would allow these files (few examples last week / bad copies from InlifeThrill and Oko) in a few week we will see a tsunami of rip-offs. They have to prevent this.

We have the same problem with a flood of bad copies of bluehatdesign.

Once I’ve created a 3D logo file aswell, inspired by one of the top selling files. But I did it my way and created a different one. To use the same audio or the same background (like last week) or similar camera moves is the wrong way.

:) maupa

616 posts
+6 more
uniquefx says

I don’t think you should be posting Muko’s contact information on the forums.

700 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
3dbacks says

agree…

I don’t think you should be posting Muko’s contact information on the forums.
5084 posts
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+11 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

Once I’ve created a 3D logo file aswell, inspired by one of the top selling files. But I did it my way and created a different one.

And IIRC it was initially rejected for being too similar, until you (and I) argued its case on similar grounds to those I mentioned above.

You forgot that part. :-)

by
by
by
by
by
by