5069 posts
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+11 more
felt_tips Envato team says

I don’t think you should be posting Muko’s contact information on the forums.

Quite right. Details removed.

130 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
maupa says

Once I’ve created a 3D logo file aswell, inspired by one of the top selling files. But I did it my way and created a different one.

And IIRC it was initially rejected for being too similar, until you (and I) argued its case on similar grounds to those I mentioned above.

You forgot that part. :-)

Yes, it is true. And thanks again for your help, but lets be fair. It was rejected because of too many extruded logos on videohive. http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/382/61/videohive-files-we-do-and-dont-need.

If you really think that new file is different and it is not a copy (please check it again on youtube). Than I have to say sorry too you and Nefos. After that I will figth for this file and I will contact the suport.

:) maupa

30 posts
    Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
TrooperFX says
It was rejected because of too many extruded logos on videohive. http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/382/61/videohive-files-we-do-and-dont-need.

I just checked out the link that maupa posted and i guess this quote from Envato sums it up pretty much:

3D Extruded Logo Stings: There’s nothing wrong with these files, we just have plenty of them already. This doesn’t mean we won’t accept anymore, it just means that if you want to do one, you’ll need to bring something new to the table. Something that will allow your file to stand out from the pack!
5069 posts
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+11 more
felt_tips Envato team says

Once I’ve created a 3D logo file aswell, inspired by one of the top selling files. But I did it my way and created a different one.

And IIRC it was initially rejected for being too similar, until you (and I) argued its case on similar grounds to those I mentioned above.

You forgot that part. :-)

Yes, it is true. And thanks again for your help, but lets be fair. It was rejected because of too many extruded logos on videohive. http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/382/61/videohive-files-we-do-and-dont-need.

If you really think that new file is different and it is not a copy (please check it again on youtube). Than I have to say sorry too you and Nefos. After that I will figth for this file and I will contact the suport.

:) maupa

You didn’t read my previous posts. I agree, it’s a copy (based predominantly on music and title choice) and yours was an “influenced by” or an “in the same genre”. But your file was also strongly influenced by one of the best selling files on the Hive at the time. It did have a couple of different technical features – a different background color and some 2.5D ambient occlusion, and whilst those features were very well executed, it’s hard with such a minimal file to argue that that amounts to a significant aesthetic difference.

What I don’t want to see is a situation where designers are having to walk a legal and bureaucratic tightrope every time they sit down to design something in the supposedly fun and free realm of stock templates. If I want that I can go and do bespoke work and earn a lot more money at it. I also don’t want to see a situation where good designers with no intention of copying are having their creative freedom restricted, for fear of being branded a plagiarist and having their file or indeed, their account removed.

The music and name make this a clear cut case, but without that? I don’t know. Achieving the balance between this and protection of copyright is a tough one, and when it gets to these fine-line situations, the person making that call needs to be bang on.

1609 posts I create things I wish existed
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
cyzer says

A superconclusion: Start making unique items, start inventing new techniques, start experimenting.

Never had such problem as looking similar to someone elses item and never will. How absurdly it would sound, but I am making items because I feel pleasure and orgasmic tingling in my brain by experimenting, inventing, finding, looking for something new. And then uploading it. Then I just forget about that item, I go and create a new one. The idea and creation process of item brings me huge pleasure. Not the sales. Sales are side effect of the good new techniques and nice unique look. Maybe because of making such different items I even haven’t got much sales, but it is ok with me. Because if I would just care about sales I would bake a hundred times seen corporate typographies, simple fly in logos, and video displays every four days. and then quantity of items would bring me lots of sales.

be unique

98 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
RMdeJong says

But there are also people who are freelancers and doing this to pay there bills. How much I agree with you that the pleasure in creating new things is great and always deserves respect, it also has the risk in not selling well. And when you see a logo sting that has over a 1000 sales which proves it has a lot of people asking for such a template, why would you ignore that?

I do however think that your template shouldn’t be a 1 on 1 copy in name, music, and camera movements.

324 posts UnitedMotions
    Has referred 500+ members Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
Balistique says

Some works could similar to each other, I don’t see any problem there;)

https://vimeo.com/19284238
24 posts
    Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Joined an Envato Football competition
+4 more
Muko says

Sorry for my terrible English… When I saw this project I found very suspiciously similar to my project, not only because of the name and the music, but also by technical details, in which you realize when recognizes its own style. To verify this, I bought the file of Nefos, and yes, I saw that also in the internal construction of the After Effects file is very similar to the way that my file is created. It’s like buying the most popular file, an base on this file to create a new one, only adding, optical flares, lift the floor logo, change the background color, as said before is seen as an improved version of my project. Nefos, between you and I know how your project was conceived. ;) I have nothing more to say on this topic.

24 posts
    Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Joined an Envato Football competition
+4 more
Muko says

Some works could similar to each other, I don’t see any problem there;) https://vimeo.com/19284238

As I told you when you sent me this link, I am seriously considering removing my project, I had no idea of this work. I was inspired by this http://vimeo.com/43254534

324 posts UnitedMotions
    Has referred 500+ members Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
Balistique says

Some works could similar to each other, I don’t see any problem there;) https://vimeo.com/19284238
As I told you when you sent me this link, I am seriously considering removing my project, I had no idea of this work. I was inspired by this http://vimeo.com/43254534

And as I told you before no need to delete your file… You made the project only using after effects and I can say it’s good project… by the way purchased your project. No offense.

by
by
by
by
by
by