• Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
idollisimo says

Hello,

My problem is I just can’t get any of my works accepted here on ThemeForest. I tried, I really tried, especially since I’m not a newbie in web-design, I have a lot of experience. Could you please tell me what’s wrong with this one: http://www.buchatskyy.com/portfolio/strutter-music-superstar-design/ (there are lots of screens there, just click them to make them bigger)

I submitted this work as PSD. Everything is well-sctructured, layers are named, packed in folder, everything’s crystal-clear with a .doc info file. Now I got the reply it “hasn’t crossed a certain threshold, quality wise”, i.e. it’s awful and it’s impossible to even say what’s bad, because everything’s bad. I really don’t understand what’s wrong with that and what’s wrong with a guy who approves the new works… And, excuse me, there are LOTS of really bad or outdated templates on ThemeForest but they are all ok, they’re sold on TF and nobody’s against that. Tell me, is my template really so bad it’s impossible even to tell me what’s wrong? I’ll accept any opinion after that reply I got from TF.

Thanks!

490 posts Code is Poetry
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
egemenerd says

Hi idollisimo,

It looks good. I haven’t got an item on PSD category but everyone says that PSD category has very high quality standards. Maybe you should try html category…

41 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
idollisimo says

Now I simply don’t want to lose more time… You see, it’s not the first template I tried to submit. I spent about a month for this “mission impossible”. And worse – I KNOW my design is good.

About this very high quality standard… well, I really wouldn’t like to pick on somebody, but… http://themeforest.net/item/malang-kucecwara-hotel-and-resort-template/83000?WT.ac=item_more_thumb&WT.seg_1=item_more_thumb&WT.z_author=vandenitoshop

This was accepted and still sells… I believe an admin or a support team member thought it’s way better than my design… And there are lots of this level works on TF.

490 posts Code is Poetry
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
egemenerd says

It is created on 25 January 10 :) You need to look at new items.

I know it is very frustrating to be rejected. I recommend you open a ticket support and explain your situation. In this way maybe you can get a more specific feedback from reviewer…

41 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
idollisimo says

Thank you! I’m gonna open a ticket, I hope they will tell me something… at least something… :)

82 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
subwaymatch says

Let’s not “pick on somebody” as you’ve mentioned. All the reviewers can’t be the exactly the same. Regarding your file, it looks unique. But I still agree with the reviewer on this one. You need more spacing between the lines (line-height) for paragraphs, menu fonts are too big, overall alignments for each elements like the iTunes button in the main page have little structure, and just other minor stuff. I can see how much time you put into it, just keep up the good work. :-)

If it was an HTML template though, I would say you have a good change of getting accepted with maybe one or two soft rejects.

2145 posts
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
Nitro_Themes says

Hey Man you should do an html version of the psd and sell it.

It’s not bad man.

Cheers

Lester

41 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
idollisimo says

Subwaymatch, first of all thank you for a detailed reply! Still I think it’s not a wise thing to make an html-version if psd wasn’t accepted. I mean this will be exactly the same design, but as html/css. If the reviewer didn’t like it as psd, why will he like it as html? :) I would be glad to get a reject with at least some directions to go on, but when he/she says “it’s 100% sucks” and doesn’t explain anything it looks not so nice… About 2 weeks ago I submitted another design and it was also rejected, but I was totally agree, because well that design wasn’t something special, it was an ordinary one. No crying for it :) But I was sure my next template would make it… I didn’t hope to get there in one shot, but… I still wanna know what’s wrong with it in the reviwer’s opninion, so I open a ticket. Hopefully someone will give me an asnwer.

41 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
idollisimo says

Thank you, Mafloral!

55 posts Premium Web Developer
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
themepixels says

Accept what the reviewer said it to you..dont compare your item to the old one instead to the new ones..it is more painful to accept an item and no one would buy it than rejecting it. Make it as a challenge and learn from it

by
by
by
by
by
by