20 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
tjp says

Hey there,

I have found the Microsoft Natural Mouse 6000 to solve all of my shoulder, forearm and wrist issues with my mouse arm. I was at a point where my wrist was interfering with music and computers, so I tried everything I could.

The Natural 6000 is definitely the most comfortable, for me. I admit, it took a few days to completely adjust to the new hand positioning, but I haven’t had pain since. May I add, the battery life is great too.

523 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+10 more
Zeplix says
Farley_Design said
Logitech illuminated keyboard, besides glowing in the dark it’s also great for typing :) One of the best I’ve had (and I changed a lot).

On the mouse issue I believe there are better choices but I’m very happy with Razer Lachesis – strange mouse, takes a lot of getting used to, but my hand does hurt less, even after very long gaming sessions :)

Hah! We’re using almost the EXACT same setup! Got the same keyboard, and a Razor MAMBA mouse!

Though sadly I’ve started to get write and hand pain from using the MAMBA , which is worrying me quite a bit as I’m “just still a student”.

1282 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

i’ve been online fulltime for 12+ years, working 12+ hour days; never had any wrist/hand problems in my life. have used computers for 20+ years straight.

microsoft natural keyboard, currently using logitech G5 mouse… 4 monitors (widescreen viewsonics)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000642RX/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00002JXFH&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1SNXCN767BR52D9SRAFF

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Laser-Mouse-Blue-Black/dp/B000ODN7VM/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1311214647&sr=1-1

you absolutely must 110% MUST use an ergonomic keyboard; the regular ones blow and are very bad for wrists

52 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
DarkoAb says

Currently I’m using apple keyboard and I love it because it is very slim and I arms lays on it almost naturally, but it is straight and don’t have curves like Microsoft one, these curves are good when you spend all day long typing.

I’m not sure about apple mouse but I think it should work fine as it is slim too and you don’t have to bend your wrist too much.

Anyway, I would recommend you take some small break offs every 30 minutes or so to make wrist exercises and maybe eye exercises. Just googled http://www.ergonomics-info.com/ergonomic-exercises.html

412 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
+5 more
patrickjansen says

A decade ago I myself tried a bunch of ergonomic mouses and wrist supports. Some helped for a while and in different degrees, but in the end having my hand in horizontal position each time turned out to be the killer. So standard ergonomic mouses didn’t fix my problem. Also tried physiotherapy, excercises etc… had it bad up till the point not being able to lift anything heavy, taking tens of luke-/warm showers per day to aleviate muscles and got rashes from so many, and not being able to sleep unless I had my arms hung upward on the headside support of my bed.

And as I mentioned in my earlier posting, one day i started trying a bit with the vertical hand position “anir mouse” where you click with your thumb. Wrist tendons remain practically unstrained this way. After 3 months my RSI was 90% gone and after 2 years 99% gone. I can work complete days by now and do overtime without problems. I’ve actually bought a few for friends and colleagues because here in Brazil they’re not available and people who try mine out ask me to get one for them whenever I visit holland. Anyhow, definately worth a shot for people who are desperate for a solution.

6023 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

Anyone tried the following? Hope in a decade of time, we will have mouse with least strain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZWLwjbJZ-s&feature=player_embedded

\\

538 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Farley_Design says
VF said
Anyone tried the following? Hope in a decade of time, we will have mouse with least strain: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZWLwjbJZ-s&feature=player_embedded \\

I love it! I tried tapping with my fingers and it’s really relaxing but it seems impractical for use with some apps, especially 3D ones :|

360 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
Philo01 Envato team says

You should try a Wacom tablet! Works great and no more pain ;)

320 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
timmylogue says
redfactory said
I use the Logitech Performance Mouse MX. Love it :) http://www.logitech.com/nl-nl/mice-pointers/mice/devices/5845

That’s whats I got. Love it

1113 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+14 more
3alisha says

Get a Wacom tablet, seriously..

Cheers !

by
by