225 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
chilly_orange says

This is actually far from clear….

Anyway, I had a theme refused because I was embedding this exact font (Myriad Pro) without being able to show a license specifically allowing me to use it in my theme.

Unless it’s crystal clear in the eyes of the reviewer that you are allowed to use it, they won’t accept it.

If you’re still doubting, I suggest you contact Jarel (reviewer jremick) and ask him.

72 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
Studio6B says

I believe it is allowed as all the font website’s say Adobe Foundries allow you to embed, but then again, Myriad Pro is a commercial font and you have to pay for it, so if you put it on the web as a Myriad_pro.js people could reverse engineer it into the .ttf, so I don’t know could go either way. However, I think the best solution is to find an alternative, try this article maybe it can help you (in the article it also states Myriad Pro can be used with cufon)

http://www.catswhocode.com/blog/10-wonderful-fonts-you-can-embed-with-cufon-and-sifr

However if you want to play it on the safe side that article has great fonts you can use.

Hope this helps :)

217 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
CreativeStable says
On the Cufon generate page:
Fonts produced by the following foundries/vendors/creators are known to be safe: Adobe Systems. The following are known to require separate or extended licenses for Web Embedding: Berthold (separate), FontFont (separate), Fontsmith (separate), Hoefler & Frere-Jones (separate), ITC (separate), Linotype (extended).

I read that and was kind of intrigued because I LOVE some of the Hoefler & Frere-Jones fonts… so I contacted them and they said they strictly prohibit embedding except for flash/sifr and images and dont offer any kind of extended/separate license for online usage. Weird the cufon would say that on their site.

155 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Warll says

Have you bought a license to use the font in your work?

if (yes) { Then your license includes the right to include the font embedded } else if (err, sorry I have it installed on my computer from, another source) { Then you don’t have a license and it very well does not matter that a license includes the right to embed }

by
by
by
by
by
by