Stuck_in_the_Basement Recent Posts Threads Started
467 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+9 more
Stuck_in_the_Basement Envato team says

I’m a Texas Rangers fan and I respect the Cardinals a lot. Broke my heart in that 2011 World Series. Game 6 was unbelievable and I knew in game 7 it was over. Just like the San Antonio Spurs in this years playoffs … the Rangers had the championship won in game 6 only to get it taken away on last minute heroics. Spurs needed ONE free throw to win. Couldn’t get it done. Rangers needed ONE strike to win. Couldn’t get it done. Ray Allen for the Heat in game 6 against the Spurs and for your Cardinals it was David Freese coming up big against the Rangers. I’ll never forget that game. That’s baseball for you.
I thought the same thing when the Spurs lost game 6. And yes, the series in 2011 was unbelievable. Definitely in my top 5 of the most thrilling sports moments I was given to watch, along with France winning the World Cup in 1998. And the Rangers is probably one of my favorite AL team along with the Tigers, which made the series all the more special. I really appreciate Ron Washington, one of the rare managers who isn’t afraid to show some emotions, more like yesterday in the 9th!
24 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+4 more
Steve_cakefree Envato team says

The Heat were seriously in the Kenny Loggins “Danger Zone!” in game 6.

Doc Rivers as the Clippers coach will make things interesting for CP3.

5337 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

As a Celtics fan I’ll be rooting for the Clippers now in the west, and even more so if KG or Pierce ends up following Doc.

139 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Viral-Legacy says

As a Celtics fan I’ll be rooting for the Clippers now in the west, and even more so if KG or Pierce ends up following Doc.

At least you’re a reasonable and non-disgruntled fan of your team. Well, your comments make you sound that way at least. Can it be any more annoying for a fan of a team to act disgruntled if a coach or player leaves? Exception could be a few select athletes such as LeBron leaving Cleveland. It wasn’t that he left Cleveland to go to Miami that was the problem as he did have a right to exercise free agency. It was The Decision is what caused the uproar. Nonetheless, I understand the emotional attachments to certain people in an organization, but fans forget sports does have a business side and it, at times, can get ugly. I’m glad this situation didn’t. Good for Doc to go to a contender. He did great things for Boston. Coached them to a title. They were a fourth quarter away from another title until the wheels came apart. All teams endure a rebuilding process. Boston will be fine.

Stuck_in_the_Basement
Stuck_in_the_Basement Recent Posts Threads Started
467 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+9 more
Stuck_in_the_Basement Envato team says

I have no problems with athletes leaving for free agency unless they stated repeatedly their genuine desire to stay with an organization and then proceed to take an offer elsewhere for just a few more milions, i.e. Albert Pujols. In the end it worked for both sides, but still, it stung when it happened.

139 posts
+3 more
Viral-Legacy says

I have no problems with athletes leaving for free agency unless they stated repeatedly their genuine desire to stay with an organization and then proceed to take an offer elsewhere for just a few more milions, i.e. Albert Pujols. In the end it worked for both sides, but still, it stung when it happened.

The irony of the Pujols deal is he thought the Cardinals were losing a great player, but the Cardinals have proven they are not built around one man, and it is now the Angels who are regretting that RIDICULOUS contract they gave him. Pujols left a good thing; a really good thing. Has no organization learned from the bull(insert your own word here) contract the Rangers gave Alex ROIDriguez and the Yankees followed with? Baseball has a lot of fools running organizations.

+9 more
CodingJack says

Good for Doc to go to a contender. He did great things for Boston. Coached them to a title. They were a fourth quarter away from another title until the wheels came apart. All teams endure a rebuilding process. Boston will be fine.

Yeah no hard feelings whatsoever. I’m 35 but was too young to really appreciate the 80’s championships. So 2008 was the greatest sports moment of my life, and I’ll always love Doc, KG, Pierce and Ray Allen no matter what.

I love Rondo too but my love fades every year he comes back without a jumpshot :D But he’s one of the toughest S.O.B’s I’ve ever seen play. The game against the Heat when he played with one arm was epic. And then this year he tears his ACL in the 4th quarter of a game, finishes the 4th, game goes into overtime and finishes that too. Then he shows up for the next game ready to play as if nothing happened, walks by a reporter who says, “Sorry to hear the bad news”, and he says, “what bad news?” And the reporter says, “you didn’t hear, you’re out for the season!”.

139 posts
+3 more
Viral-Legacy says

Good for Doc to go to a contender. He did great things for Boston. Coached them to a title. They were a fourth quarter away from another title until the wheels came apart. All teams endure a rebuilding process. Boston will be fine.

Yeah no hard feelings whatsoever. I’m 35 but was too young to really appreciate the 80’s championships. So 2008 was the greatest sports moment of my life, and I’ll always love Doc, KG, Pierce and Ray Allen no matter what.

I love Rondo too but my love fades every year he comes back without a jumpshot :D But he’s one of the toughest S.O.B’s I’ve ever seen play. The game against the Heat when he played with one arm was epic. And then this year he tears his ACL in the 4th quarter of a game, finishes the 4th, game goes into overtime and finishes that too. Then he shows up for the next game ready to play as if nothing happened, walks by a reporter who says, “Sorry to hear the bad news”, and he says, “what bad news?” And the reporter says, “you didn’t hear, you’re out for the season!”.

That Boston/Heat game was crazy. When was the last time you watched a game where EVERYONE but the player (Rondo) knew about the injury. The Heat knew about Rondo’s ACL before he even did. How does that happen? Rondo thought this hamstring was tight … the trainer was like, “um Doc … yeah we got a problem … his hamstring isn’t tight … his ACL is torn.” Bizarre.

24 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+4 more
Steve_cakefree Envato team says

We are getting close again :D

Cavs with another number 1 pick, I think they take Wiggins.

+9 more
CodingJack says

We are getting close again :D Cavs with another number 1 pick, I think they take Wiggins.

Wiggins is the best prospect, but I think the Cavs need to win immediately to make sure what’s happening with K. Love and Minnesota doesn’t happen with them and Irving in a few years. So I think they’ll probably take Embiid or Parker.

This years’ playoffs have been awesome so far. I really thought this was OKC’s year. Too bad Ibaka went down. Looks like things are shaping up for another finals rematch!

by
by
by
by
by
by