Congratulations!

139 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Viral-Legacy says

Legend is living = Lebron :) Congratulations!

You call this a legend?

“I had a UFC employee tell me he saw a mother wheel her handicapped child up to him to get a picture. Lebron was walking towards them. When he reached the kid, the mother stopped the wheelchair. Lebron took the wheelchair, wheeled it out of the way and kept walking.”

Yea, that sounds like a great legend to me. Someone that everyone should look up to and praise for his kind acts.

A person can still be a legend in their field, but be the opposite in their personal life. A painter could be legendary in how they illustrate their art, but their personal life could be filled with drugs and violence. So, does that discredit their talent for art and make them less of an artist? No, it makes them a great artist with a tragic personal life. How many star pro athletes cheat on their significant other and are still praised and loved by fans? Why? Because most fans don’t care about the personal life and cheating; they care about the athletes performance on the field. We’re all human. No one is exempt from flaws. Hell, I like Tiger Woods … the golfer, not the person. His personal life, I don’t agree with; its a mess and a tragedy. Still, I believe he will eventually be known as a legend on the greens based on how he has changed the way the game is played. Golf courses have had to be changed. He set a high standard. Outside of golf, the guy is a creep, but thats not what I care about. He isn’t the first athlete to cheat on his wife and won’t be the last, but does his personal actions as wrong they were diminish his achievements in his sport? No. LeBron is still young, he isn’t a legend (yet), but if he were to be one it would be for the game of basketball, not how he lives his life outside the court or how he treats others. Lets say he did push the wheelchair out of the way, does that erase anything good he has ever done. I’m not excusing the incident if it happened that way, but it would be a blemish on his life that is also filled with some good like the $1 million he recently donated to his high school for renovations or all the contributions given to the Boys and Girls club. The wheelchair incident would definitely make him look like a complete jerk, that I agree and it shouldn’t be excused or forgotten, but I’m not going to allow one situation influence how I perceive a person in their sport. If that were to be the case, I wouldn’t be a fan of plenty of all-star athletes. I’m not defending or protecting LeBron or other pro athletes. I just think we should look at things with an open mind and not be so quick to label. Just my opinion. To each his own I suppose.

139 posts
+3 more
Viral-Legacy says

Legend is living = Lebron :) Congratulations!

You call this a legend?

“I had a UFC employee tell me he saw a mother wheel her handicapped child up to him to get a picture. Lebron was walking towards them. When he reached the kid, the mother stopped the wheelchair. Lebron took the wheelchair, wheeled it out of the way and kept walking.”

Yea, that sounds like a great legend to me. Someone that everyone should look up to and praise for his kind acts.
A person can still be a legend in their field, but be the opposite in their personal life. A painter could be legendary in how they illustrate their art, but their personal life could be filled with drugs and violence. So, does that discredit their talent for art and make them less of an artist? No, it makes them a great artist with a tragic personal life. How many star pro athletes cheat on their significant other and are still praised and loved by fans? Why? Because most fans don’t care about the personal life and cheating; they care about the athletes performance on the field. We’re all human. No one is exempt from flaws. Hell, I like Tiger Woods … the golfer, not the person. His personal life, I don’t agree with; its a mess and a tragedy. Still, I believe he will eventually be known as a legend on the greens based on how he has changed the way the game is played. Golf courses have had to be changed. He set a high standard. Outside of golf, the guy is a creep, but thats not what I care about. He isn’t the first athlete to cheat on his wife and won’t be the last, but does his personal actions as wrong they were diminish his achievements in his sport? No. LeBron is still young, he isn’t a legend (yet), but if he were to be one it would be for the game of basketball, not how he lives his life outside the court or how he treats others. Lets say he did push the wheelchair out of the way, does that erase anything good he has ever done. I’m not excusing the incident if it happened that way, but it would be a blemish on his life that is also filled with some good like the $1 million he recently donated to his high school for renovations or all the contributions given to the Boys and Girls club. The wheelchair incident would definitely make him look like a complete jerk, that I agree and it shouldn’t be excused or forgotten, but I’m not going to allow one situation influence how I perceive a person in their sport. If that were to be the case, I wouldn’t be a fan of plenty of all-star athletes. I’m not defending or protecting LeBron or other pro athletes. I just think we should look at things with an open mind and not be so quick to label. Just my opinion. To each his own I suppose.
The wheelchair incident is just a very small piece of the pie.

I’m curious about this small piece of the “pie” you speak of. Is this a pie based on his professional life or personal? As I previously said, his status as a legend will be based on his achievements on the basketball court when his time playing the game is finished. As for his personal life, it doesn’t affect me. It is his life. I’m curious how it even affects you? You are entitled to dislike someone, which it appears you dislike LeBron, but don’t discredit an athletes talent for his sport based on his personal life. If anything, who are any of us to pass judgement on another. Unless, of course, you’ve done no wrong … ever … to anyone. Agree to disagree. No worries.

Stuck_in_the_Basement
Stuck_in_the_Basement Recent Posts Threads Started
467 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+9 more
Stuck_in_the_Basement Envato team says

Well, on the court, he is an obnoxious and cocky personae. Personally, that keeps me from appreciating all the rest. The “decision” was a joke that absolutely reflects his personality. Sure he is skilled. But doesn’t being a legend go along with being lovable? Besides the Heat fans and ESPN announcers, not very many people seem to like him…

139 posts
+3 more
Viral-Legacy says

Well, on the court, he is an obnoxious and cocky personae. Personally, that keeps me from appreciating all the rest. The “decision” was a joke that absolutely reflects his personality. Sure he is skilled. But doesn’t being a legend go along with being lovable? Besides the Heat fans and ESPN announcers, not very many people seem to like him…
Michael Jordan is a legend and, yet, he punched a teammate in practice and at times berated them, yet, he practically controlled who played with him on the Dream Team, but he was loved and hated. You want to tell me the greatest to lace them up was not arrogant or cocky? Is that how an athlete is judged now based on legendary status? Most talented athletes are arrogant. LeBron is one of the few athletes with that strong a skill set and actually tries to involve his teammates. I don’t know him personally, and I don’t know if you do either, and it is easy to go off what we see or read from the media, but I’ll just save my opinion for when he finishes playing the game. His personal life is his own. I agree with you 100%, he can come across as arrogant and very cocky on the court, but not everyone is going to be the same or act the same. We’re not robots. Each of us has a way of handling situations. I do agree with you that he could handle things better such as The Decision, but it doesn’t mean that is gonna define his legacy, whatever it may be, when he finishes playing the game. There is no rule that states one has to be loved in order to be legendary. I would argue the contrary. Jordan was an assassin, he didn’t care, he wanted to rip your throat out, but he is still a legend on the court. He imposed his will on players either psychologically or through other means. Tiger Woods, at one point, was the same way. So, will Tiger Woods not be known as a legend? He isn’t liked by many either. I can only speak on my point of view and I highly respect yours. I try to look at both sides of every coin. Different thought processes. That is all.
Stuck_in_the_Basement
Stuck_in_the_Basement Recent Posts Threads Started
467 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
Stuck_in_the_Basement Envato team says

Well, I don’t remember Jordan all that well. It was hard to see games back in the 80s in France.
But I can give you an example of a true legend, in another sport, since I’m a Cardinals fan: Stan “the man” Musial. I have not seen him play of course but I read a ton about him since he passed away earlier this year.
Outstanding on and off the field, a class act (never refused to sign an autograph) and was recognized as such by the President when he was given the Medal of Freedom in 2011.
So it’s possible!

When it’s all set and done, Derrick Rose might fit in that category as well besides the bad PR he received this year for not playing…

139 posts
+3 more
Viral-Legacy says

Well, I don’t remember Jordan all that well. It was hard to see games back in the 80s in France.
But I can give you an example of a true legend, in another sport, since I’m a Cardinals fan: Stan “the man” Musial. I have not seen him play of course but I read a ton about him since he passed away earlier this year.
Outstanding on and off the field, a class act (never refused to sign an autograph) and was recognized as such by the President when he was given the Medal of Freedom in 2011.
So it’s possible!

When it’s all set and done, Derrick Rose might fit in that category as well besides the bad PR he received this year for not playing…

Agreed about Derrick Rose and you bring up an interesting point about you reading about Stan Musial and all he stood for. As a fan of multiple sports, I try to view athletes from the perspective of their performance on the court. Still, carrying yourself off the court, golf course, or whatever field you play in does have its place in the court of public opinion. I guess my argument for LeBron and any other high profile athlete of this modern era is that with so much exposure in todays world, it is very easy to become a prisoner of the moment and classify an athlete as arrogant, classless, jerk, good, noble, etc without really taking a step back and recognizing that perhaps, it has always been this way with athletes and we just never had the access as we do now to perceive athletes. We, as fans, sometimes forget that before the social media craze of the 2000’s, the only way we got any sort of report about our favorite athletes was the newspapers. Muhammad Ali, who, let’s be honest, was very arrogant did not have to worry about FaceBook, Twitter, camera phones, and so forth. We only know so much about the boxing legend based off stories passed down by others or news reports. What if there were camera phones back then? The great athletes of the 80’s and 90’s never had to endure the social media circus that athletes face today. Our exposure to what really went on in the world of athletes was very limited back then. Unless it was reported or a book was written about an athlete, we didn’t have much to go off of and it can be easy to judge based on the small sample of information given to us. In this day and age, where every where you turn someone has a camera waiting to snap a picture or record a sound bite, athletes are more vulnerable than ever to be heavily scrutinized and judged. I suppose there is a fascination some people have in the lives of their favorite athletes that creates this ridiculous circus of reality tv shows and 24/7 access to moments an athlete would rather keep private. Some of us forget athletes are still human and are far from perfect. In the 90’s Jordan and Barkley were my favorite NBA players, but they had this very arrogant attitude that just rubbed people off the wrong way. Barkley at one point spit into the stands and the spit hit a little girl in the face. At the time he was crucified, but no one talks about that today, perhaps because time either heals wounds or because that one bad mistake in his life shouldn’t define him as a person. Kobe Bryant is hated on a lot. He has made questionable decisions off the court. I am far from a Laker fan, but I do appreciate his talent. Talent wise he is great, but I’m not too big a fan of his personal life. Still, I don’t watch basketball to learn about his private wrong doings. I watch to see what more can he do on the court. I’m not a Heat fan or a Spur fan. I am a fan of good basketball, tennis, golf, football. I have an appreciation for talent and I try to keep things on a professional level and not enter the realm of personal lives. If that were to happen I wouldn’t really cheer for that many athletes. Still, you’re right … there are still Stan Musial’s out there in the world and thats always a good thing.

p.s. I’m a Texas Rangers fan and I respect the Cardinals a lot. Broke my heart in that 2011 World Series. Game 6 was unbelievable and I knew in game 7 it was over. Just like the San Antonio Spurs in this years playoffs … the Rangers had the championship won in game 6 only to get it taken away on last minute heroics. Spurs needed ONE free throw to win. Couldn’t get it done. Rangers needed ONE strike to win. Couldn’t get it done. Ray Allen for the Heat in game 6 against the Spurs and for your Cardinals it was David Freese coming up big against the Rangers. I’ll never forget that game. That’s baseball for you.

94 posts Live. Love. ASAP
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+6 more
liviu_cerchez says

Man, LeBron was too much for the Spurs down the stretch. He and his team got a well deserved back-to-back championship. You have to respect their game and what they accomplished this year (hot streak at 27 games and LeBron increased stats… amazing).

586 posts Fuel Your Web
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
+5 more
Pirenko says

Popovic and the Spurs lost this on game six… They made a series of mistakes in the final moments of that game and Miami has to thank Ray Allen for those 3 points too.
About the LeBron James talk: he is by far the most influent player on NBA at this moment and I don’t care what he does on his personal life. He’s not my friend or someone I’m considering inviting to come and visit me, so I don’t care about that…

243 posts
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
+3 more
glutenfree4u says
p.s. I’m a Texas Rangers fan and I respect the Cardinals a lot. Broke my heart in that 2011 World Series. Game 6 was unbelievable and I knew in game 7 it was over.

As another cardinals fan, I can say that was the greatest world series I’ve ever seen, and it was a class act by both teams the whole way through. Rangers deserve all the respect I can give them, from the first two outs of Game 1, I knew it was going to be something special. (out 1 was Yadi throwing out a running who tried to steal 2nd, out 2 was Carpenter diving headlong on the first base bag and the rangers runner obviously making an effort NOT to let his spikes shred Carpenters pitching hand!)

Good luck in the playoffs this year, you guys got a little bit of payback last night scoring 2 in the 9th to win game 1 of the series lol.

by
by
by
by
by
by